Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Full tower cover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
archipel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archipel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Full tower cover
    Posted: January-21-2012 at 6:54am
Hi there,
My boat is in a place where there is lots of birds, insects, and potential thefts...
I recently found this full tower cover, and the guy actually folded it out and back very quickly.
I know it doesn't look so good, but It protects the boat, the tower and all its accessories from dirt, rain and sight...
It includes a near the top ventilation grill, so it has a minimum of moisture.
I had a quote for a taylor made but it is quite expensive,
I was wondering if something like this exist readymade for a 2002 Air Nautique?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2012 at 7:20pm
Good looking "ski". Think I would try hanging a fake snake before spending that much. Cover looks good now, but covered in bird $hit, not so much.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 12:53am
I had a cover like that made for my old boat, it was cheaper than a garage or carport. Mine covered the platform and had a velcro flap that made a door in the side so I could get in and out without removing it. To put it on I had some velcro loops that attached to the tower and then you just walked around a pulled the sided down, a little more thinking would have to go into it if you want to cover it in the water. I loved it and will probably build another.

Now for the bad part, for my 18ft Centurion it took over $600 worth of Sumbrella to cover it and the cover was a little over $1000 total. I had my upholstery guy do it.   He likes these challenging things I come up with, and made it so tight that I could have towed it in town without any excessive flapping.

Ryan's 'fake snake' isn't a bad idea, if something is just on the tower then some sort of strip that would keep them from landing there might help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic