Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what year

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bille7ret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bille7ret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what year
    Posted: February-22-2012 at 8:11pm
tried to resize my photos.....
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2012 at 8:16pm
Very early 60's is the closest I can come without more info. Length?

What are you plans with the boat?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2012 at 8:28pm
Is that a Tournament Skier?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2012 at 9:04pm
Bruce,
It doesn't look big enough for it to be a Tournament. I'd say it's a Compact Skier. The length will tell.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2012 at 9:22pm
Pete, I don't believe Compacts had V8s. It looks like it says Skier, so perhaps Atom?

I think I've only ever seen 2 Tournament Skiers on the site.
62 AquaSkier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 AquaSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 12:32am
I would have to agree with Bruce, it is a skier, close to the same year as my Aqua. The gauge's on the dash certainly look like a skier dash as well.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 1:01am
It almost looks like the script on the dash says Skier
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 2:35am
Very Cool Boat ! Would love to see it restored
Bille7ret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bille7ret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 6:17pm
I believe I measured it at 15' 9"....Don't know much about these boats....I've only done a Thompson and Old Town outboards.....it says Skier on the dash....have never seen any Atom...the Gray Marine is a 1961 V-138...I think it's 250 ci but not sure...believe the boat is 1962.....I thought is was a compact skier....but I haven't found a photo of a 1962 with dual exhaust.....so I'm confused....
Bille7ret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bille7ret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 6:20pm
I've already pulled the engine, gas tank and windshield...engine is on a stand...ordered parts......boat is upside down on the jig....It will be restored....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 7:27pm
The Compact skier is listed as being 15'8". I believe the plain Skier shared the same hull but probably different trim and looks like the V8 option.

Any indication that the boat was ever repowered?

I hope you plan on taking the hull down to the frames. It looks like someone at one time tried to glass the hull. That is "the kiss of death" so you will probably find plenty of rotten ply. Down to the frames is needed due to CC using a bedding compound between the frames and hull. This has dried out so the only thing holding the ply on is the screws. I highly recommend putting it back together with 5200. NO EPOXY!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Bille7ret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bille7ret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 10:14pm
Boat was not repowered...found the metal tag in the bilge...Hull # & Engine # S6341...same number stamped on the engine....Ya I'm going down to the frames...slowly....will start with the chines...both bad aft....read my mind...epoxy has it's place....this isn't it.....none of the plywood is good...the bottom is not glassed...but it's some weird paint.....
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 10:27pm
This should be a good thread, Bille7rat sounds like he knows his stuff!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

This should be a good thread, Bille7rat sounds like he knows his stuff!

Yup! Agreed

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 10:45pm
I'm going to assume that PT Cruiser is the property of the previous owner.

Please don't correct me if I'm wrong.

I gotta put these emoticons in here so you know I'm not being a "Mr Super Pr!ck".
Bille7ret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bille7ret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 10:49pm
no that's the bosses...and you don't want to get on her bad side....
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 10:53pm

you guys gotta give me time to make a few edits!

I have so many thoughts going through my head it's difficult to make them stop and organize a post.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 11:35pm

you guys gotta give me time to make a few edits!

I have so many thoughts going through my head it's difficult to make them stop and organize a post.

Did Mr. Super Prick have a few cocktails on the way home tonight?
Bille7ret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bille7ret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 6:25pm
As I work my way through the engine.....the only good thing is I haven't snapped a bolt off...yet.....wondered why the starter wouldn't roll until I opened it....water jacket between the carbs has cracks....that will head out tomorrow to be welded.....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 6:49pm
Bill,
Wow! It looks like that engine spent some time under water. Reminds me of my 1927 Universal rebuild!! Water jacket between the carbs? Intake manifold? BTW, it looks like you have some Interceptor parts on that Gray and possibly the reason for the two tags with different HP ratings. Now, how they got "Y" block parts to fit on a 327 AMC is beyond me!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Bille7ret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bille7ret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 7:13pm
Ya don't know what the deal is.....other end of the starter didn"t look that bad.....I got it almost ready to go back together....

Well it is part of the intake...but it's also a water jacket....my first Gray Marine...so I have no coment....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic