NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Michigan Wheel 635402 on Sport 1992

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rogier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michigan Wheel 635402 on Sport 1992
    Posted: May-25-2012 at 10:00am
hi guys, Looking for a new prop and it's NOT easy to get one over here in The Netherlands. I'm looking for a prop that will give me more top end speed. I can buy a Michigan Wheel 635402.

Will this fit?
Will it spin in the right direction?
Will I get more speed?
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2012 at 10:33am
635402 = 14 18 rh 1.125 dia, what is on it now?
Brian
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2012 at 10:42am
I had a great service from http://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/Default.aspx importing an ACME 422 into the UK, you might want to double check if they import to Holland but they do ship international so fingers crossed they will.

There are some discussions about a prop on a 1994 sport here:
http://www.nautiqueowners.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20167&PID=250425&title=prop-for-94-sport-nautique

I am sure there are plenty of other discussions if you search the google machine.

ACME or OJ seem like the popular choices.
rogier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2012 at 5:25am
Forgot to mention that I can get this prop for a good price, the boat isn't really worth the 500+€ for getting a new prop.

Now it has a 1996 ski nautique original prop. Can't read the number on it anymore. Top speed is about the same from 3500 to 5500 rpm and its well below the 60 kmh.
michiel200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiel200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2012 at 8:00am
hee Rogier,

Ik denk niet dat je geholpen bent met die Michigan.
Dat is namelijke een 4 blads schroef, en die lijkt me een beetje te veel blad hebben voor jouw boot.

Even voor het vergelijk: ik heb een '92 Barefoot Nautique met een pro boss 5.8 en 1,23 transmissie en 1 1/8" schroefas.

Standaard schroef hiervoor is een 14 x 18 rh drieblad. Die heb ik als reserve. Ik vaar met een Acme 4 blads 13 x 15,5. Deze komen qua top RPM met elkaar overeen (ca. 5.000). Dus op basis hiervan zou je kunnen concluderen dat die 635402 te groot is.

Volgens een andere posting zou voor jouw boot een 14 x 16 3 blad schroef standaard zijn. Die moet je toch wel kunnen krijgen uit de US voor niet al te veel. 4 blads zijn relatief duur.

Kwam deze ad nog tegen:
http://www.2dehands.be/boten/bootonderdelen/apparatuur-en-onderdelen/propeller-sport-nautique-119170262.html

Is weliswaar een 14 x 18, maar komt van een Sport Nautique. Contact de eigenaar even voor zijn ervaringen met deze schroef. Succes.

'92 BFN
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2012 at 6:43am
Originally posted by michiel200 michiel200 wrote:

hey Roger,

I do not think you're helped with Michigan.
That particular figure of one 4 blade propeller, and that seems a little too much blade for your boat.

Just for comparison: I have an '92 Barefoot Nautique with a boss pro 5.8 and 1.23 transmission and 1 1/8 "shaft.

Standard screw This is a 14 x 18 three blade rh. That I have in reserve. I sail with Acme 4 blade 13 x 15.5. These terms are similar with top RPM (around 5,000). So on that basis you could conclude that 635402 is too large.

According to another posting would be for your boat a 14 x 16 3 blade propeller standard. That you surely can get out of the U.S. for not too much. 4 blades are relatively expensive.

Did this ad yet against:
http://www.2dehands.be/boten/bootonderdelen/apparatuur-en-onderdelen/propeller-sport-nautique-119170262.html

Is indeed a 14 x 18, but comes from a Sport Nautique. Contact the owner as to his experiences with this screw. Success.

Its a close translation...

Originally posted by rogier rogier wrote:

the boat isn't really worth the 500+€ for getting a new prop

Really !!!! you have a 1992 sport and you don't think its worth spending on a good prop! You have an awesome Hull and unless its a total rotten shed its worth every penny/cent spending on a good prop that matches your needs.
rogier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2012 at 8:49am
True, True, the boat is worth 500, but I would rather spend it on maintenance and stuff than on this piece of brass :)

Thanks for the replies thus far!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic