Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

thru-hull scoops resting on bunks...ouch?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jackkloepfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackkloepfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thru-hull scoops resting on bunks...ouch?
    Posted: May-25-2012 at 12:44pm
I'm finally getting ready to position my bunks on my shorestation.

I am adapting four of the older style, pivoting V-bunks so I can raise them and add bunks on top that run the length of the hull.

I want to place them pretty narrow, in order to have the propshaft and the center skegs clear the flat rack lift that I'm stuck with.

It's hard to position the bunks narrow without having some portion of my thru hull scoops resting on the bunks. If I go much wider on the bunk position, I'll have to prop the bunks up higher...which sacrifices some strength.

it it ok to have these thru hull scoops sitting on the bunk? they are positioned about three feet from the transom. I'd feel better if they were closer to the middle of the boat, which would reduce the stress the bunks would put on them.

thanks in advance, guys.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2012 at 12:51pm
Pictures would help... of the lift, bunks, scoops, etc. Also, it would help to know what model and year your boat is.

Adding a link to your diary in your signature or avatar (as well as your specific location) can be very helpful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackkloepfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2012 at 1:51pm
I would have normally posted pics...but my boat is sitting in the water due to not having a lift to put it on!

she is a 96 super sport, by the way.

thanks!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2012 at 2:00pm
What through hull scoops are there on a '96? I thought the through hull pick ups were flush/recessed starting in the mid 70's. I know my '78 and '79 were.

Are you fighting PP stuff, or custom ballast parts?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackkloepfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2012 at 4:53pm
they were added after market. they kind of look like the underside of a shovel w/ slots. rounded on one side, then it widens and flattens toward the other side.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic