Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Change

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
72smoothie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72smoothie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Change
    Posted: May-26-2012 at 5:30pm
I am trying to change the oil on my sk for the first time. The only info i can get off the motor is that it is a chrysler and these numbers.
E-8188-m
2659284 The motor is older his is a pic of it. Question is where do i add the new oil after drianing the old and replacing the oil filter? Can't seem to locate the cap. If any one has any info please feel free?
Thanks for your time.

Frustrated
72smoothie
72Smoothie
Big t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2012 at 6:17pm
The cap on the valve cover that has a red hose that gose to the spark arrester on top of the carb
72smoothie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72smoothie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2012 at 6:34pm
Thanks
Any other tips ishould know on changing the oil feel free
72Smoothie
Big t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 3:42am
I can't help you there I have never owned a boat that new. But I know cars and trucks
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 11:43am
Tip - Be sure to use an oil with adequate ZDDP. Valvoline VR1 20W-50 is commonly used.

Another tip - don't use fram oil filter. Motorcraft, Wix, NAPA are good choices.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 4:42pm
If it is similar to my chrysler, the oil drain is located on the upper end of the oil pan, so in order to drain all of the oil, you have to get the stern of the boat way up somehow.
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic