NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pete I'm stumped on this one

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pete I'm stumped on this one
    Posted: May-29-2012 at 11:18pm
thanks Pete
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2012 at 11:10pm
Paul,
Reading your first post again, and you now saying the cutlass wasn't wearing even, I'd go back at the strut alignment. Don't worry if the shaft isn't centered exactly with the rudder. I've seen them off from the rudder by about 1/8".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2012 at 10:52pm
Well I have it real close but not perfect and I'm as far right as I can go with the front mount. This is why I wanted to replace the bushing in the first place, because I saw it was wearing crooked.
I guess if it wears this bearing out crooked the next option would be to move the log over a bit.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2012 at 9:58pm
Paul,
I've seen it before where the stringer layup isn't the most precise not leaving much lateral adjustment in one direction. Since you say you got it aligned and still have some adjustment, I'd say you're in good shape!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2012 at 8:44pm
While doing a rudder repack, and strut bearing change, when aligning I noticed I was running out of lateral adjustment on the right front mount. I double checked the strut and shaft position everything was spot on.
The shaft is dead center in the log and the prop end of the shaft is dead center on the rudder. I can get the alignment very, very, close but it's not perfect.
If I try to move the strut so the shaft is to the left side of the log the shaft is not centered on the rudder.
This one has me stumped it’s like the log is not centered/left enough.
Rudders straight shafts straight and the strut is straight!!
Any ideas???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic