Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

226 fuel guage

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
spartan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 226 fuel guage
    Posted: June-03-2012 at 9:35pm
I have a nautique 226and has just come back from being serviced. However have just filled it up for the start of a new season and the fuel guage is not registering that there is fuel in the tank! Is there anything I should check? Common fault? Does anyone know how to rectify the problem without spending $1,000.00 at a dealership!Answers on a post card please.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 10:07pm
I would check the connections at the fuel sender on the tank first. They do have a tendancy to vibrate loose.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by spartan spartan wrote:

I have a nautique 226and has just come back from being serviced.

Simon,
What were they servicing?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
spartan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 12:53am
they were fixing the rudder as the bolts had come loose! Being new to Correct craft where would I find the fuel sender?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 10:21am
Simon,
The sender is on top of the fuel tank. I'd bet they bumped some wiring when getting to the rudder port bolts.

I hope they resealed the port?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
spartan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 11:35pm
It was done at a Nautique dealership! However they are quite happy to charge me a hefty call out charge of nearly $300.00 plus the time trying to fix the problem! Is there a inspection hatch that i can look at it before I call them out?Does it require taking out the backseat mounts? and pulling up the carpet? Many thanks for all your help so far!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 11:42pm
Pics of the area? It's probably not super hard to get to the top of the tank. What do you see when you open the hatch? I'm guessing there could be some panels that are removable, that line the storage area.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic