Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TeakGuard

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
teelta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TeakGuard
    Posted: June-08-2012 at 12:15pm
OK thanks guys! I'll stick with the oil.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2012 at 10:36am
It's a water based product that is completely different than teak oil. I bought some about 8 years ago and used it on 1 platform and didn't like the look of it as well as teak oil. It gives a look like Liquid Gold furniture polish. Whether it peels or not has a lot to do with the prep. The more poris it is the better. I was told that the best thing I could do with a new platform to prep it was to leave it out in the weather all winter. That didn't sound right to me. It's also very slippery.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2012 at 9:10am
Stick with the oil. Yes, we had a member try it several years ago with poor results. He reported that after about a year it started to fail. It's a semi hard finish and it like the harder poly's peeled as well. Don't believe everything you find on the internet.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
teelta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2012 at 12:12am
Anybody try using TeakGuard rather than Teak oil? If so, did it last longer than regular Teak oil? What did you think?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic