Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

66BarracudaSS

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Saluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 66BarracudaSS
    Posted: March-31-2004 at 12:14pm
I just purchased the 66 Barracuda SS listed in the Diaries section. Its a great boat and I plan on using her as a daily driver while I restore her. I am looking for any information or parts that may be available. I know for sure I need the horns and new white step pads but I would be interested in anything available for her. I already have gotten the replacement rubber for the windshield thanks to a post I found on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Larry

Saluda
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/images/265/sswater.jpg
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2004 at 9:24pm
glad to hear hearne marine hooked you up with the last of the windshield seals.
i may have a few spare parts for the 68.
step pads ? good luck ! n/a i've been searchin.
my question is,the 5 gauges in the console.
i know the middle 1 is the hour meter.
top left water temp,topright fuel
bottem left amps,bottem right oil ?
i did take pictures b-4 i removed the gauges but looking at those i cant read s$&#
kenny g
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2004 at 10:53am
Midwest Correct Craft did have the white step pads. However, some that we purchased from them just a few years back turned yellow within a month but still looked OK. Anyone else ever seen this?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Saluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 2:41pm
kenny I will get the gauge layout off of mine this weekend. By the way do you have the side wing wind deflectors on yours? If you do could you give the dimensions so I could duplicate them.

Thanks
Larry
Saluda
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 3:26pm
The white step pads turned yellow, because they were made from urethane with a "moca" hardner, My brother has a urethane shop, and we have been experimenting with the step pads. We can make them in black and most any color, with great results, but white has to be made with another type urethane and hardner. If there is enough interest, i will purchase the materials and make maybe 25 sets of 4.
Saluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 4:00pm
My wife contacted Midwest to see if they might have any in stock but they have not been able to get them for a while now. He said there is considerable intrest in them and he was trying to get some.
Saluda
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 5:03pm
LARRY, sorry no wings on the 68 windshield.
i'm sure someone else here can help you with that one.

WALLY you know i'd be interested in 2 maybe 3 sets.

TREVOR you should have a package on your doorstep today!
kenny g
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 6:12pm
i would be interested in 3 sets of four pads. i have a set in the smaller script also if you want to make a mold from them. the ones i purchased had a few air bubbles in the mix.

creative caulking and a coat of white latex paint works wonders.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 6:27pm
TOM what about collecting the funds for keith's flight to CC reunion?
i understand it was originaly your idea.
you up for it ?
kenny g
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 10:35pm
i'm sure we can come up with a plan. lets get some airport codes and a ticket price and take it from there.

anybody from the sandusky area know the hub id's for the area? keith, what is the closest airport to you?
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 11:12pm
Kenny: Oops, I guess I'm busted. Getting Keith to the reunion was my idea, and I just made Tom the ring leader for the fun of it, because he's always coming up with great ideas. But I'll bet he's game as am I, and Tom's planning to make it to Sandusky I think he said, right Tom?

Wally, I'm good for 3 sets of 4 pads also.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2004 at 12:33am
OK FLIP A COIN IF YOU LIKE.BUT NOW IS THE TIME TO GET IT OFF AND RUNNING...
YOU NEED TO POST A MAILING ADDRESS.
IF I WERE KEITH ,ADMINISTRATER/WEBMASTER I WOULDEN'T WANT MY HOME ADDRESS POSTED .
SOOO REID YOU GOT MY VOTE.

kenny g
tstafford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tstafford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2004 at 12:04pm
Ken,
I came back from a trip and found the package. Above and beyond what I expected.       
                         Thanks,
                          Trevor
Trevor 1968 Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2004 at 12:18am
OK, I'll get the polyol resin, Secret ingredients, and even kick in some Do Re Mi, to fly the coop, or the Kevin, Kenny knows I'm good for it! Hope to have some nice white pads for Sandusky.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2004 at 1:10am
Gee!, I'm really confused on how to link my boat pic to my sig. I think my computer is a Lund!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2004 at 3:17am
Excellent deduction W.A.! You might be interested to know that I once had a Poly in a Lund. Wait, never mind, that was a "Polly". Wrong web site. But I did have to take a slow learner class from Keith to learn how to link the boat pic.   

Kenny, as for "Keith in Sandusky", Tom won and is working it hard. As for addresses, anyone donating free old CC parts, please send them to me at 140 Stepaside Lane, Mooresville, NC. Or if in the neighborhood while cruising down I-77 North of Charlotte, drop on it.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2004 at 2:43pm
Wally, I'd be interested in a set of 4 white pads if you can swing 'em.Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic