Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Gauge Not Reading Correctly

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1989 Sport Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989 Sport Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Gauge Not Reading Correctly
    Posted: June-28-2012 at 7:04pm
My Fuel gauge is not reading correctly on my 89 Sport Nautique. Just purchased in last fall. Appears to read empty well before it is out of gas. The boat has about 545 hours on it. Any good ideas on fixes for the issue?
89 Sport Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2012 at 8:07pm
There's a few things to check... actually, just check out this thread, it was just covered recently:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25787
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 1:26am
Hi Bruce, and welcome to CCFan. I have a '98 Sport Nautique that has the same problem. I was in the boat a few hours ago, gauge on empty, easily 10 plus gallons still in the tank. I'm not sure how the gen 1 (your boat) or gen 2 Sport's fuel tanks look, but mine (gen 3 Sport) is L shaped. The bottom of the tank extends under the back seat so the base holds much more fuel per inch of height than the top 2/3 of the tank which is narrower. I don't know if the sender is calibrated for this. The advertised capacity is 29 gallons.

So, I agree you should follow the advice in the other thread on cleaning connections, etc., but it sounds like our gauges move from full to empty with the sender signal, just not at the right level points.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic