NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1995 Sport: engine and transmission whine

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
scarbs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1995 Sport: engine and transmission whine
    Posted: August-03-2012 at 8:53pm
Had the boat out today and noticed that the engine has a high-pitched whine sound that I've not noticed before. It seems to be running great, but I don't recall hearing this noise before. sound seems to be coming from the aft port corner. No idea what it might be.

Also, I've been meaning to ask... my transmission (I believe it's the transmission) makes a "whIrring" sound in forward that sounds about the same as the reverse "whirring" sound. Is this normal?
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2012 at 8:26pm
Hi Scarbs:
I get a bit of a whining sound...it may sound like it's from the engine, but is probably from the tranny. A little whining and whirring is normal, but if you're noticing new sounds then they're worth checking out and trying to figure out where they are coming from.

I'd love to see your boat!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2012 at 8:43pm
Jared,
I agree with David but, it may be worth it to simply use the site search feature and see what comes up. I know for a fact that it has been discussed. Have you even used the search? It's a fantastic tool!!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
scarbs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2012 at 2:27am
You're right, of course. I will do that first next time. Now that I have, it looks like the whirring in forward coming from my transmission is normal.

And although i didnt find it through a site search, the whine coming from the back of the engine is my high-pressure fuel pump. I can't tell if it is going out or over compensating because my low-pressure fuel pump might be failing. Another adventure!

As always...thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic