Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wakesurfing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Roberto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wakesurfing
    Posted: August-20-2012 at 9:00pm
I own a 1985 (2001 closed bow ski nautique). It is in mint condition and we trick and slalom behind it regularly. My kids are now into wake surfing! Is there any way to get a good wave (wake) behind this boat so they can wake surf behind it??

Please Help!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2012 at 9:46pm
Yes, fatsacks in the back corner (I used starboard, others use port).

9-10 Mph, you can tell when the curl forms.

Somewhat unsafe as you will be technically overweight by law. Just let the wave go by before turning, when the rider falls.

I personally think it is a blast. Have fun.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2012 at 6:54pm
Hey Roberto!

welcome aboard!
yup as told by Cris, the 2001 throughs a nice wakesurf wake if ballast is added...

now where in mexico are you? I´ll be in the mayan riviera, more precisely in tulum and cozumel, around mid september. Would be glad to help you out fine tune that wake!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Roberto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 12:01am
Thanks for the tip. I spoke with Mike Seipel who owns barefoot International. They manufacture fat sacks and he reccomended two 707s in the back on the side surfing on plus another 707 on that side of the boat behind the drivers seat and a 713 in the front below the bow also on the side surfing on. This seems like an awfull lot of weight so I am going to start with only 2 707s and the 713. I will let you know how it goes!
Roberto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 12:02am
Thanks!! We are located and ski in Central Mexico in the state of Guanajuato, but I will also ne in the Riviera area during mid september. Let me know if you need anything.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 12:05am
Roberto - Please use a big fat rope with knots for hand holds - 1 inch diameter.

Do not use a ski rope to pull a surfer. Ski rope can 'deglove' your finger in a fall.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 12:42am
I could use a ski pull
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic