NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Come on Winter (I'm being selfish)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Come on Winter (I'm being selfish)
    Posted: September-11-2012 at 8:04pm
Done for the season, at least being pulled behind the boat. Screwed up my knee again. Scheduled for a scope Sept 21st. I'm hoping after this scope I get another few years before needing a new knee. The funny thing is, I wasn't doing anything to injure it. I was stepping off the running board on our Expedition. Felt like a knife went through the side of my knee. This knee had a new ACL in 1999. I had a clean out scope in '09.
Damn, why couldn't it have happened in January?   
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 9:06pm
Sorry to hear. hope its not as bad as you think. or it gets better soon.
This is the life
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 1:39am
Steve hate to here about the injury. Hope it is not too bad and you get back quickly.
Take care.........
Thanks.......Tom
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 5:57am
Too bad to hear about your injury... Always a b*tch when that happens with still a few weeks of season to go...

Hope all goes well and you'll be back on your feet soon...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 7:29am
Fingers crossed for you that everything goes well. I think we all hope (I know I do) that our knees will last long enough for us to enjoy the water as long as we possibly can.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2012 at 8:00am
Steve,
I wish you the best with that knee problem.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 10:00am
Ask your ortho about getting a brace. Years ago when I was fitted for a CTi2 and the insurance paid for it. Back then they made a mold from your leg for an exact fit. Used it for years and it worked.

It is not gonna extend this season but might be beneficial for next!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 11:15am
Thanks guys. Hopefully the ortho doesn't find anything odd. I know I have almost no cartilage left in my knee and that is causing most of the problems. When the ACL was replaced, some of the meniscus was removed/repaired. I saw an xray last week that showed the near bone-on-bone that is causing much of the pain. Maybe I should have not been so abusive to my knees over the last 20 or so years. But then, where's the fun in that?

Harddock
I have a drawer full of knee braces. I'm just not smart enough to wear one at the proper time.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 11:37am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Maybe I should have not been so abusive to my knees over the last 20 or so years. But then, where's the fun in that?

[/IMG]

I think that just about every morning when I try to get them moving again for another day- but what would I be saving them for...

Hope it works out well for ya ... but screw winter
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

but screw winter

Bite your tongue.   We hit the water (ice) almost as much in the winter as the summer. If we're not on the quads, we're on some hill snowboarding. We like it hot, or cold. It's the in between part that's not as much fun.

'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2012 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Maybe I should have not been so abusive to my knees over the last 20 or so years. But then, where's the fun in that?

[/IMG]

I think that just about every morning when I try to get them moving again for another day- but what would I be saving them for...

Hope it works outfor ya ... but screw winter

You'll need them just to be able to walk when you get old. I would love to not be in constant pain.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic