Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This morning's outing

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
skirunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 12:46pm
Sounds good I will bring my 93 with a boom. An experenced driver would be a plus. My wife is learning but is a little nervous at 40 mph. She is worried about someone getting hurt. It's just water right??? My girls are 17,15,and 13. When I was in my early twenties I would teach a couple of people a weekend to ski. Just can not get my kids up on skis. They run track and are currently lifting weights getting ready for summer sports I think a boom would help with the frustration level and I could learn to barefoot.
79 nautique 93 nautique
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 12:59pm
Hey, now you are talking.

I have not taught with a boom, but I am sure it will really decrease the frustration on all fronts (teacher and student). I could not believe how much easier it was to get up for the first time on a slalom ski with Larry off the boom, and how much harder it was to do it from deep water on the long line for the first time that same day.

I have some mighty smooth water at my lake. Most days, I am the only boat on the water. As far as I can tell, there is only one serious skier on the lake. One day, I would like to be the other serious skier on our lake
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 1:06pm
Love to have you bring your 93 down, but unfortunately Seven Lakes doesnt let outside boats in. (Hate to come across as living in snootyville but that's the way it is. Need to adjust the rules so my CCF friends can come in, but no one else) So we can give it a go with my boat (Wayne has already been down once to ski, not to foot, but I did some footing and I think he got bit by the bug) Or, we could go to where you go....Tillery or Badin I would guess? with your boat.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 1:18pm
I think we need to look into the CCF bylaws, do we allow members of gated communities with exclusive lakes on the site? Does this make Larry the Tiger Woods of CCF?

Just kidding! About that rule Larry (serious question), if you borrowed a friend's boat for some reason, would you be allowed to run it on the lake? Do you need to register it with the association somehow?

I was invited this coming summer to a lake that doesn't allow outside boats, but they said I could bring my boat as long as I was with them when I launch, and keep it at their dock for the day.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 7:48pm
David / Wayne Larry
I have a place on Badin and always looking to get out do some footing. I would be happy to participate in some footing and learn to ski efforts with the kids. I have taught many to ski off the boom and have had them long line within an hour (young as 5).
Not to worry about the size on the boom - I have already "re-countoured" mine (I am 6'-1" 270#'s) but have no issue with speed when footing behind my 96 sport.

Cheers
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

David / Wayne Larry
I have a place on Badin and always looking to get out do some footing. I would be happy to participate in some footing and learn to ski efforts with the kids. I have taught many to ski off the boom and have had them long line within an hour (young as 5).
Not to worry about the size on the boom - I have already "re-countoured" mine (I am 6'-1" 270#'s) but have no issue with speed when footing behind my 96 sport.

Cheers

I am in!
skirunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 8:47pm
Sounds good, you all decide on where we meet. I spend most of the summer at Watauga lake(google Fish Springs marina for pics of lake) 90 percent national forest not allot of boat traffic in May and June does get busy on the weekends in July and Aug. Good calm lake to ski. Spring is a month behind ours so we go to Badin Lake acouple of times in April. Always like to check out new lakes as well. The less boat traffic the better.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Just kidding! About that rule Larry (serious question), if you borrowed a friend's boat for some reason, would you be allowed to run it on the lake? Do you need to register it with the association somehow?

Not sure if there is a way I could go about "borrowing" a boat. We do have a patrol on the lake and one of the most enforced rules is no outside boats. There isn't even any kind of guest policy. All boats must have an identifying sticker; I am pretty sure you have to produce your registration to get it. I have wondered about test driving (like for example if I wanted to test drive a Race City Marine boat) No sticker - leave!

Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

- I have already "re-countoured" mine (I am 6'-1" 270#'s)

You aren't saying you bent a boom are you? Now I am nervous about my offer.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2013 at 1:15am
I did as a result of improper driving and determination not to let go when I should have. It does make for some good conversations though
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic