Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2003 SN 196 5.7L Excalibur tune up parts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mac3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2003 SN 196 5.7L Excalibur tune up parts
    Posted: January-23-2013 at 3:17pm
My new ski buddy's boat needs a tune-up; it currently has 1740 hrs, last tune up was 300-400 hrs ago; so, I am trying to determine the correct parts; here's what I know thus far:

1. Spark plugs: OEM, AC MR43LTS; but he was using a platinum AC 41-932 which were superceded to AC 41-993...are 41-993 all right to use?

2. Distributer cap: Currently, a BWD C282P

3. Distributor rotor: Currently, a BWD D236P

4. Spark plug wires: Unknown; is this a Chevy or Ford and does anyone have a part # or what 2003 vehicle this matches in order to get some new plug wires?

5. The owner does not believe the trans oil has ever been changed; I assume this is a once year or xxx hr maintenance item?

6. The engine oil has been changed every 50 hrs

7. The raw water impellor has been changed annually

8. Cleaned the metal flame arrestor

9. Checked the drive belts

10. Fuel filters: I see a big canister on the port side by the front of the engine, are there other filters/screens anywhere else...top of gas tank, etc?

11. Are there other mx items I should check; if so, brands/part numbers would be very helpful!

Big thanks, mac
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2013 at 4:10pm
A lot of what you need is going to be here:
http://www.n3boatworks.com/catalog_items.asp?cat=7805
Zach from N3 Boatworks (which is a site sponsor) frequents the forums a lot.

Vince and company at http://www.skidim.com/ are also great people to work with.

I've had good experience with Nautiqueparts.com also.

As far as:
"10. Fuel filters: I see a big canister on the port side by the front of the engine, are there other filters/screens anywhere else...top of gas tank, etc?"

That's your FCC, and from what I've read, it can be a bit of a bear to get that thing unscrewed to get at your filter. Others will hopefully weigh in with more useful advice/experience on that.

The other fuel related part to be aware of is the "anti-siphon" valve, usually called the check valve http://www.nautiqueparts.com/checkvalvefuel.aspx on parts catalogs. They can get gummed up and cause restriction problems. In some cases, you'll also have one of these http://www.nautiqueparts.com/fuelfilter-inline.aspx under the floor behind the motor.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2013 at 4:30pm
Thanks Brian!! Welcome to the site Mac! Shes got some hours on her. I have basically everything in stock you will need. You mention drive belts plural? Does it actually have 2 v belt drives or one serpentine belt? This will tell us what impeller goes into the motor.

Your list from me would be
-Impeller
-Fcc Filter(the large canister)
-Fuel Inline or Pre fuel filter depending on which it had
-Plugs (I would forget the platnum and go back with reccomended)
-Ignition wire set
-Distributor Cap and Rotor

1700 hours is a long time to go with no transmission service. I change mine every season then again it sees over 100 hours of service per season.

I will have everything in stock you need other than maybe the pre filter or inline filter.

You also receive a 10% discount for being a CCF.com Fourm member!!

Anything you get from me will be Genuine PCM parts from the manufacturer.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2013 at 5:56pm
That year FCC may be the newer clamp style, know in 05' they are, which is much easier to remove then the threaded style can be.

Not 100% sure which pre-filter it may have, could be the style brian linked or possibly like the one in this diagram:

Which uses this part (sorry for the ski-dim link Zach)

Filter Link

Zach, 03' was still using the V belts, I believe
Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2013 at 6:08pm
Hi Mac,
Welcome to the boards!
Why not support your local parts supplier? Their are a few PCM authorized dealers in central Florida. Nautiques of Orlando, South East, Huston Motors, BIMP.all of them can supply you with original equipment PleasureCraft Marine engine parts.
Spark plugs, Oil and oil filter (Wix 51515) can be had at your local O'riley's or NAPA.
Good luck!
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2013 at 6:51pm
jody, newbie? lost your account?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2013 at 7:08pm

There ya go Chris 03 should be the 017 impeller with v belts but I wanted to confirm.

Pre Filter

Why not support site supporters who offer a discount Jody?
mac3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2013 at 2:21pm
Thanks for everyone's input! I would love to support our local dealers, but they are all an hr+ away; hence, the reason we are trying to determine whether this is a Ford or Chevy and what car it matches so we can purchase the common tune up parts locally.

Here's some engine pics...

tks, mac

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2013 at 2:30pm
It's a Chevy.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2013 at 3:44pm
Mac, why don't you call or email me and we can put the proper PCM marine parts on the engine?

Shipping will be minimal and it will be on your door step in 3 days. That engine requires the older style Chevy impeller. You won't find the correct fcc filter anywhere but a PCM dealer.
Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2013 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

There ya go Chris 03 should be the 017 impeller with v belts but I wanted to confirm.

Pre Filter

Why not support site supporters who offer a discount Jody?

Zach, I offer(Florida Inboards Inc.)discounts to members on this site and could under cut you because of the far smaller overhead that I have, However local dealers need support and customer referrals also. To open up a relationship with his local dealer is always a good thing especially when a catastrophic occurrence happen's to his boat. The first question too a new customer I have is who services your boat? We Work from Their!

Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2013 at 7:06pm
I shouldn't have mentioned anything. Mac may call me if he likes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic