NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bilge blower

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bilge blower
    Posted: February-03-2013 at 5:37pm
Hey guys,

I am in need of a new (used) bilge blower. Not the newer in-line kind that I know I can get at West or wherever, but one of these older ones that mounts to the transom under one of the vents. Mine is dead. Let me know if you have one you no longer need.

Thanks.

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2013 at 6:10pm
Larry -

Think I might..... squirrel cage style for a 79. Free with another ride in the Tique. Lemme look.........

Steve
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2013 at 8:52am
Larry,
Are you sure it's dead? Hook up a VOM on it, set it to Ohms and spin the wheel. It may just be dirty brushes and communtator? You should see some resistance. The needle (on a analog meter) jumping around will confirm. Spinning the wheel/motor backwards will sometimes clean them up enough. If that works, then all that needed is a cleaning and paint job.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2013 at 12:33pm
Steve, That would be great, and a win-win situation. One, I get a new blower and two, since you get to take the Tique out for another ride, the risk of blowing us all to kingdom come will be reduced from last year, since the blower was kaput when we went out in October.

Pete, actually the motor is still good, what is bad is that the fan housing has broken off from the motor, you can kind of see the split in the picture and with that angle, the housing is binding against the fan. It certainly looks like the housing would snap back into the aligned position, even though that fastening point is broken, but I can't snap it back into place.

Oh yeah, Pete, speaking of using a VOM, my troubles won't end with a new blower, I have no power to it either. My favorite...tracking a power failure down between the dash and the stern. Had to do that for my stern light the first year I had the boat (04).
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2013 at 12:44pm
Larry -

Thanks for not telling me that in October!

Not a guarantee that I still have it.... I have many parts from the 79 transom project boat that no one seems to want that I have been "eliminating" From stock........ Not sure what's left.... but YOU can have it.

Thursdays are my lake play day.... I'll look then..........

Steve

nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 7:48pm
Do a search for ITT Jabsco they made these blowers for a long time even Grainger Supply used to sell them They used to be listed as Jabsco Flange mount blower they made several versions and CFM
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 8:24pm
This ones on Ebay for 24.95 plus 10 for shipping, says 90 CFM, and its a 3" fan. There's another couple on there up to 250 CFM for 148 bucks, this is a 4" version.

Ebay flange Mount Bilge Blower
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 11:41am
Thanks for the info guys, I would have guessed it was an old obsolete NLA part. I am going to wait on Steve a couple more days (I like his pricing) but if he comes up empty, now I know where I can go.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 9:36pm
Larry - found it.

It even works!

Quietly too....... the part is free but shipping is gonna kill you!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 11:02pm
Steve,

If you're coming this way anytime, you can leave it with me. Then Larry will come visit me again

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 11:05pm
Marty, I just may do that.......

But I'd rather kill him on the shipping.   

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 12:24am
Uh Oh.... this is starting to sound like one of those ebay deals. Water ski $25, Postage $250.

Marty, I don't need an excuse to come visit. We'll have to plan something. Say, did you konw there is a Hooters right across the road from my office. Almost 8 months and I haven't been there yet.

Steve, I'll PM you regarding details.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 11:10am
Larry -

Shipping turned out to be 47.50 after postage and "Handling".......

Packed up and on it's way in the snow.......... Email sent.
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 4:58pm
If someone else is looking for one i have one off my 68 mustang, works great, could be original? Not sure.
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic