Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission Dipstick

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wataugasn84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wataugasn84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission Dipstick
    Posted: March-12-2013 at 6:18pm
Hey Guys, I could not get my dipstick on velvet drive tranny to tighten up last season. The rubber gasket is damaged. can it be replaced? Do I just need a new dipstick if so where can I find one?

Thanks
Watuugasn84
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 11:07am
There are a few places, Skidim, N3 boatworks, or Whitelakemarine might have one for you. I'd give them a try
levin
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 12:00pm
No matter where you find one,it won't be cheap!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 12:21pm
Try FFI, they may have a used one.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 7:20pm
I'm not sure if you're aware but the fit of the dipstick stopper is adjustable. The metal "washer" on the bottom side of the stopper screws onto the dipstick so you can tighten or loosen the fit of the rubber stopper into the dipstick tube. It's amazing what a quarter or half turn does for the fit.
If the stopper is damaged a little bit, you could still probably adjust it enough to make a good fit. I would think that it would have to be damaged quite extensively to warrant a new dipstick. You might even be able to find something suitable for a replacement stopper at Lowes or Home Depot if you take apart the dipstick.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 7:59pm
So what your saying Eddie is most short sloppy damaged dipsticks can be made to work with the larger hole......That's news many many CCF members will be happy to hear!!
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 8:42pm
That's right Quinner. Just tighten up your nut and it makes your dip stick bigger
Greg

86 BFN
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 1:16am
Its hard but I'll stay above those last 2 posts.

I didn't figure out the adjustable rubber stopped thing for a while, but one I did it has saved me a few tranny rebuilds.   On more than one occasion I've done something stupid and filled the bilge with water and the fluid in the tranny looks brand new because I make sure that stopper is tight everytime I check the level.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 8:01am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

So what your saying Eddie is most short sloppy damaged dipsticks can be made to work with the larger hole......That's news many many CCF members will be happy to hear!!

ROFLMAO.

I think the key word you missed CQ is OLD.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 10:01am
If it can't be expanded anymore due to age, new plugs are available in many sizes. Put the old dip stick on the bottom of the new.

Mcmaster has them

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wataugasn84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wataugasn84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2013 at 11:54am
Thanks for response I will try to adjust dipstick. You guy's are funny!!
Watuugasn84
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic