NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water Hose from SKIDIM

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Hose from SKIDIM
    Posted: April-01-2013 at 3:10pm
Has anyone ever used this water hose from SKIDIM. It looks a little rigid. I need to get some new hose for the '77 rebuild. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks Allen
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 3:21pm
Allen I used it this winter to re-plumb my boat and it worked fine.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 3:22pm
Allen, there are only a few different types of cooling hose out there... that green stripe stuff that SkiDIM sells is pretty common- Ive seen it in many CC's. I actually went to Jamestown for my last few runs of hose though- simply because I preferred the blue stripe over the green. Both types work just fine. I would imagine you'd need 1" rather than 1-1/4" so just make sure you know what you need before pulling the trigger.

Trident Hose at Jamestown Distributors
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 3:39pm
Thanks guys,

Tim everything on this boat was 1 1/4 so I will go back with that. thanks again.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2013 at 9:47pm
I have it on my boat. its some stiff stuff for sure.
'94SN Restoration underway...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2013 at 8:27am
Wire reinforced hose really isn't needed on the pressure side of the cooling system.
Non wire from Jamestown

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
snipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2013 at 8:22pm
I use the wire reinforced from the raw water intake to the pump. (Suction side) and any where there is pressure after that you can get by with regular non wire reinforced hose. That's just to insure that the hose doesn't collapse while drawing water in.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic