NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spring Punch List

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring Punch List
    Posted: April-18-2013 at 12:27pm
Started knocking items of my punch list this week.
Checked off so far:
-Belts
-New Hoses
-Trans Fluid
-Oil Change
-New Impeller (got 300 hours out of the last one!)
-Fuel Filter
-New choke
To do:
-Strip Graphics
-Wetsand/Buff
-Install new graphics/pin stripes
-Install new rub rail rope
-New brake backing plate assemblies
-New brake hose
-New brake actuator
Wish List:
-Paint Trailer
-Install all LED lights

What's everyone elses spring plan?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2013 at 12:58pm
Hook Skylark up to SS. Drive 5 minutes to Lake. Put boat in water and GO !

Same way with the 93 SN.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2013 at 1:15pm
You're lucky Marty ;). 6 seasons and 600 hours of me in college has taken it's tole on the old 86. It needs a little sprucing up!
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2013 at 1:22pm

1) strip & oil teak platform

2) overall clean up

3) start the boat in the driveway (don't wanta be a ramp Wally!)

wish list -

new carpet
   spare tire carrier (it's in the back of the truck now)
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2013 at 1:34pm
Nice Waterdog! I forgot do the platform but that is a yearly thing anways.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2013 at 7:03pm
Zach:

Add all the parts for the BFN that I bought from you to your to do list to get my to do list.... but at least my trailer is painted, LEDs are wired and bunks are ready to go on.....

But a good battery, some fuel and install the dang fuel sender and fix the gauge....no fuel in the tank when the gauge read full..... bummed out spring maiden voyage.... Other than spark and fuel, I am GTG.....but my wish list is LONGGGGGG!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2013 at 7:10pm
1) Put in Docks/Lifts
2) Put in Boat
3) Drink Beer
Once complete, return to item 3.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2013 at 7:47pm
Put the motor back in.
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 1:33am
Boat:
- New Interior vinyl seats (all)
- New Fuel Gauge
- Fix Boat Lights
- Restore Teak Platform
- New Registration Numbers
- Polish & Wax
Engine:
- Water Pump Impeller
- De-winterize
- Degrease Engine
- Belts
- Cap & Rotor
- Spark Plugs
- Spark Plug Wires
- Fuel Filter     
Trailer:
- Tires
- Bearings
- Guide Pole Pads
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 1:39am
I do not know where to start listing:) How about do everything....Complete except for tune and prop.......
Thanks.......Tom
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 2:22am
Well- the Deka Battery that the previous owner bought back in 2009 when he delivered the 93 to me-- was weak. So since I couldn't find a buddy to go with me to the Lake on Wednesday-- I got the Interstate battery from the Skylark- and the 93 fired right up in the driveway on the water hose. Then today- put the Skylark battery in, pumped it a few times and she sounded like a float plane coming in for a landing.

Went to my Buddy's Garage to get him to get me an Interstate Battery for the 93-- and he said it was my lucky day. His Interstate Battery Guy had just delivered some batteries to him and he said the customer before him had trouble with his charging system on his boat and he thought it was the battery so he ordered a new Interstate battery and gave him his 2 year old battery. All it needed was a charge. So he let me have that Marine battery, put it in the 93 and she came to life in a turn of the key.

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 8:59am
Careful Marty, I'm sure you've read on here numerous times that marine batteries usually mean deep cycle and really aren't appropriate for starting inboard engines. They work for a time but they're meant for trolling motors and boat lifts.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 9:02am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Careful Marty, I'm sure you've read on here numerous times that marine batteries usually mean deep cycle and really aren't appropriate for starting inboard engines.

I'm sure Marty meant he got a marine starting battery!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 9:33am
Everyone can't be as lucky as Marty.

I have too many things to list but we can start with this

Finish glassing the floor
Build removable panel
Fare and paint the bilge
Install engine cradle and engine
Plumbing
Wiring, well y'all get the gist.

We will be hanging out in the little skiff for a few more spring and summer days.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 3:34pm
It's snowing here :(

Quinner wins the punch list at the moment haha.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 1:03am
This weekend I replaced bearings/races on the trailer, installed new brake backing plate assemblies, Converted the bearings from grease to oil bath(tired of grease) and determined that the actuator is bad and needs replaced. That will happen next weekend then the trailer will be back in perfect shape mechanically.
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 10:09am
Dropped the boat into the water yesterday and after a few pumps it fired up and ran smoothly.
Checked everything over and just a small adjustment to one of the hoses needed to stop a small water Leak, next weekend oil and plugs will be changed and alignment checked ready for the season ahead.

I should look at my depth sender this year but nothing else on the list (yet) apart from doing something about my fitness levels the swim platform will need some work at the end of the year.
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 11:24pm
Hull sanded, new rub rail, graphics repainted, new stickers for sides, new fuel line, throttle cable, a new seal for my recently rebuilt tranny.
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 11:54pm
The boat is ready and running perfect. all is good.

Punch list is the usual though with 3 kids.
Lets see>>
Lets see, Cam punched Ian who punched Cam back only harder who fell over and then threw the dog at Ian who ducked in time for the dog to hit Kaitlin who screamed bloody frigg'n murder. That got Momma mad who then blamed me for the ruckus who was quietly working upstairs, (aka surfing CCF) I decided to go out and mow the lawn in order to get some P&Q just in time to find the cops rolling in because the neighbors called about all the "disturbance". The first cop tried to prone me without saying a word and that didn't end well, next came a taser and things get a little blurry.
So I think that is about the extent of my punch list for 2013.

Have a nice summer.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 12:00am
Nice

With 3 acres it takes a lot of screaming to get my neighbors attention , heck even my own kids.

I feel your pain......
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 7:10am
Lol, nice "punch" list

Any pictures of the flying dog?
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 10:33am
Matt you got out in the water yet? Mines still quite a way off finishing!!
'82 Ski Tique
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 11:45am
Yup, the water was a very pleasant 10c I did use my dry-suit but I think I will probably be in my 3mm in a couple of weeks.

Give me a shout if you wanna come out one weekend.
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2013 at 1:26pm
Nice one! Well I wasn't fishing for an invite but I might hold you to that!!
'82 Ski Tique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic