Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Waternut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waternut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine wanted
    Posted: May-03-2013 at 6:54pm
What about just having the crack welded? I bet if you called some local welders and have the head off, someone would weld the thing for under $50.

Real welding, JB weld, or marine-tex...the biggest thing to keep in mind is surface prep. Is the cracked area between the intake ports or is it in the area that is coated in oil? If it's coated in oil, you'll need to clean that area really really well with acetone and make a V shaped trough in the top side of the crack before doing anything.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2013 at 6:16pm
Matt,
   Washington is a big place which side are you on, and where are you looking for your rebuilders?   I have used G&M performance with good success for an engine I built last year.   They were fair, and did good work.   I have not used them for my boat engine, but would if i needed work done.   G&M is in Federal way on hwy 99, but that is only useful if you're on the west side.
MattA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2013 at 8:15pm
I hadn't thought about marine tex. The crack is about 1 inch in size, and located on the block directly under the intake manifold. I understand marine tex is rated up to about 250 degrees F, which is less than the normal operating temperature, so it might just work. If that's the case, I may be able to have it running within a week or so! I'll give it some thought. Thanks for the seggestion.
footinforever11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footinforever11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2013 at 7:50pm
Is it something some marine tex could fix, at least temporarily. I have seen engines that had cracked blocks run for years with a marine tex patch. Not for every situation though.
MattA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2013 at 7:33pm
I own a 1984 Ski Nautique 2001. I absolutely love it!! However, my engine block is cracked. If anyone has, or knows anyone who is looking to sell a Ford 351W (reverse rotation), please let me know. In all actuality, all I really need is the bottom half (block, pistons, camshft, timing chain, etc...). My heads and everything else are good. I live in Washington State and oddly enough, I'm having difficulties finding someone to to a rebuild. I can do most of it, but I dont have the time, knowledge, or tools for removal of the camshaft and other parts associated with the lower half. Please, any and all references and or reccomendations are welcome... I need to get my boat ready for the summer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic