NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need helping finding a good mechanic in MN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Union Lake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Union Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need helping finding a good mechanic in MN
    Posted: April-29-2013 at 10:30am
I'm curious if anyone can recommend a mechanic who knows nautiques and pcm motors in MN. I live 25 minutes south of the metro and would like to find a mechanic closer to me than the Nautique dealer at Marine Max in Rogers or Minnesota Inboard the malibu dealer. Son's Water Sports is also an option I would consider but they are an hour away as well and I have no experience with them. Also I know the hourly rate is higher at the dealers than a smaller shop. I have a 96 Sport new to me last year and now have no issues with my boat buy I want to have a mechanic to go to in the future if the need arises. I just got my boat back from a smaller shop close to me and was not impressed by the work. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
BB
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 2:19am
Originally posted by Union Lake Union Lake wrote:

I'm curious if anyone can recommend a mechanic who knows nautiques and pcm motors in MN. I live 25 minutes south of the metro and would like to find a mechanic closer to me than the Nautique dealer at Marine Max in Rogers or Minnesota Inboard the malibu dealer. Son's Water Sports is also an option I would consider but they are an hour away as well and I have no experience with them. Also I know the hourly rate is higher at the dealers than a smaller shop. I have a 96 Sport new to me last year and now have no issues with my boat buy I want to have a mechanic to go to in the future if the need arises. I just got my boat back from a smaller shop close to me and was not impressed by the work. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

I use Son Watersports in Ramsey MN. It's a hike for me, but it's a family run business and the service is absolutely top notch. They share the same enthusiasm for these boats as we do and have fond memories of being around/owning them.

I may take a family member to any 'ol hospital with a light on and a nurse smoking behind a desk, but I wouldn't take my boat anywhere else.
Union Lake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Union Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2013 at 10:31am
Thanks for the info on Son's. I'm kind of leaning towards trying them.
BB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic