NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Open Invite to Iowa

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Open Invite to Iowa
    Posted: June-09-2013 at 11:51pm
Wanted to extend an open invitation to Iowa for any members looking for a weekend packed with watersports activities and old boats.

Friday we're hosting our first 'Learn to Ski Day' on Diamondhead Lake in Dexter IA. This is an open invitation to anyone who is new to the sport or wanting to improve their skills. A ski buddy of mine who is on the WTT for the 'other brand' is putting this together along with some of his highly accomplished skiing friends. We're planning to spend all day on the lake and grow the sport to those who can't afford to buy a boat or are looking for a way to get into skiing.

Saturday is our member party at the Des Moines Power Boat Club. I've posted some pics from this location, which is worth the trip in it's own. Lots of smooth water, old boats and I'm sure there will be great food! Again, open invite to those who want to bring a boat down or just hang out!

Plenty of sleeping accommodations, gear and boats to be had!

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 11:54am
Chris,

i'd love to come visit and hang with the Iowa boys....but i'm married to a stringer Job on the Promo... maybe next time>?>?

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 12:04pm
Pretty cool idea to try to promote people away from tubing and into basic skiing. Maybe all some of them need is a little exposure to it. Besides my two ski buddies and one other boat I don't know the people of, our lake is nothing but tubers. A few wakeboarders but not many and no skilled riders. I'm always happy to see that other little outboard out there that pulls skiers. I always think, good for them.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 4:18pm
Chris - Looks like a good time!   I hope your lake is in good shape (not flooded).

I am going to attempt getting my boat out here. Hopefully the water here is down to a normal level by then.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 10:54pm
How long would it take me to drive from Orlando?
Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Pretty cool idea to try to promote people away from tubing and into basic skiing. Maybe all some of them need is a little exposure to it. Besides my two ski buddies and one other boat I don't know the people of, our lake is nothing but tubers. A few wakeboarders but not many and no skilled riders. I'm always happy to see that other little outboard out there that pulls skiers. I always think, good for them.

FUNNY- I told my girls that I had a chance to hire a "Coach" to teach them to wake surf, and improve their wakeboard skills. They said, "Daddy, wouldn't it be fun to call him and ask for "Tube riding" lessons?! I think I will.
I will let you know his response!
Js
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 11:12pm
Is that Coach Pete, per chance?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2013 at 11:27pm
Derek or Sean. Should I be advised!?
Js
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

How long would it take me to drive from Orlando?

Around 18 but we were pulling the boat through snow

Larry, that's exactly the idea since we don't have much water sports activity outside a handful of us younger guys. There's plenty of kids riding bikes and quads around the lake, but our goal is to get them out behind a boat.

Chris, all is well down here! Our emergency spillway at the lake has been working overtime this year. Maybe seen 1' rise max all year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic