NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Teleflex Amp gauge / Volt meter?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teleflex Amp gauge / Volt meter?
    Posted: July-06-2013 at 8:43pm
I'm looking for a Teleflex amp Gauge to replace what appears to a fried one in my 73 Ski Nautique.

Maybe a volt meter if Teleflex made one to match this style?

Any help?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2013 at 2:12am
Steve,after we talked I was curious how they work and found out some have springs to keep the needle centered. I wonder if one broke or came off. Have you shaken it to see if anything inside makes noise? It might be worth a call to Dale to see what he thinks and to make an appointment
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2013 at 10:00pm
I cant really tell that anything is loose inside.. I'm thinking I need to get on Dale's "list".
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2013 at 6:50pm
I'll look and see if I've got one from our Skier.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

I cant really tell that anything is loose inside.. I'm thinking I need to get on Dale's "list".

Steve, I've a few gauges for ya. I'll bring them to GL with me..

Moj'
aobrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aobrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2015 at 3:56pm
Hi,
I'm looking for the same style gauge. I need an amp/volt and a temp gauge.
Any chance you know where I can get these?
Thank you!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2015 at 5:19pm
I have two that don't work Steve.     I replaced mine with a brand new Teleflex - S/W style face.     I'd call Dale and see how many years it would be to put your face on a new gauge.

WOOPS !!!     sorry, didn't notice the 2013.

But anyway Steve,     did you find a solution ???
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2015 at 5:21pm
I found a set of original guages on ebay or craigslist, can't remember which, have you looked there?
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
aobrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aobrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2015 at 5:36pm
Yes, I found the rest of my set...just missing volt & temp. Do you know a good gauge restorer? I have the old ones if they can take the old face and put it in a new gauge.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2015 at 6:13pm
Amp will be harder to find than volt, mine is amp, volt requires different setup
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2015 at 8:00pm
Here is a great gauge repairman. None are cheap,Dale is slow but does excellent work. He would be worth the call. I'll see if I can dig up any of Johnb's posts on his repair.

Here are a couple of before and after of Johns gauges

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2015 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

I have two that don't work Steve.     I replaced mine with a brand new Teleflex - S/W style face.     I'd call Dale and see how many years it would be to put your face on a new gauge.

WOOPS !!!     sorry, didn't notice the 2013.

But anyway Steve,     did you find a solution ???

I did find an solution.... I came across and installed an NOS Dixco amp gauge. It looks almost identical to the original Teleflex. In fact there are 2 or 3 like mine one on ebay right now..

Dixco Amp Gauge

I have since found an NOS / original style Teleflex Amp gauge that is tucked away for a "when I have nothing else to do but replace gauges" - day.

ohhh, I also found a nice used blue stripeTeleflex volt meter as well... just in case I want to do some re-wiring some day.

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
aobrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aobrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2015 at 12:51pm
Any chance you want to sell your used volt gauge???
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2015 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

mine is amp, volt requires different setup

The swap from amp to volt is an easy one. The simplest way is to bond (join) and insulate the two wires that were on the amp gauge together. Then wire the + terminal of the volt gauge to the switched side of the ignition switch and then the ground terminal to a dash ground. BTW, it's my opinion that an amp gauge gives you a truer reading of what's going on with the boats electrics. Manufacturers went to volt gauges simply due to cost. As amps went up requiring heavier gauge wire, so did costs.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic