Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to determine engine rotation?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Cordry Mustang 17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cordry Mustang 17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to determine engine rotation?
    Posted: July-14-2013 at 5:35pm
Help please? On the engine identification tag: Waukesha Motor Co.
PCM Marine Engine Division, Model/Serial No. WRC-WR-R10-10522
By the letters & number can someone tell me what they mean and does it mention the rotation of the engine? It is the boat is 1974 Mustang 17 302-4 Ford with 1:1 Velvet Drive.
Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cordry Mustang 17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2013 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Cordry Mustang 17 Cordry Mustang 17 wrote:

Help please? On the engine identification tag: Waukesha Motor Co.
PCM Marine Engine Division, Model/Serial No. WRC-WR-R10-10522
By the letters & number can someone tell me what they mean and does it mention the rotation of the engine? The boat is 1974 Mustang 17 302-4 Ford with 1:1 Velvet Drive.
Thanks
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2013 at 6:24pm
I would guess right with all the R's in the model number. Fire it up, if the pulleys move counter clockwise its a righty if they move clockwise it's a lefty.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2013 at 6:32pm
Don,
Welcome to CCfan. How about some pictures and a diary entry?

You have a RH rotation engine. Besides looking at the front on the engine, if you have a 1:1 trans (you should), the prop looking from the the aft will turn clockwise when going in the forward direction.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cordry Mustang 17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 1:53am
Thanks, I wish that I could fire it up, but it will not turn over it has been sitting for a few years and of coarse the water drain plugs where left in and the oil is creamy, i tried today to turn the crank at the front main pulley and it would not fully turn over in two cylinders the spark plugs where so rusted also two freeze plugs off the block were laying in the bottom of the boat.So i believe cracked block? The boat was included with the purchase of a lake cottage.
So as soon as i get a chance i will post a picture.
Thanks again,
Don
LouisMarti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouisMarti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 5:25am
There might be some big blockage thats why it was creating problem. It would be of great help if you post some pictures of it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic