Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carb Rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Uncle Donny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Donny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb Rebuild
    Posted: July-30-2013 at 3:31pm
Hey ya'll,
Just purchased my first SN2001 '85. previously I've owned three of the "OTHER" brands, I am having some issues with carburtion. After what I believe is a diligent search for a holly rebuild kit part number, I have come up empty. If anyone has a part number, I would greatly appreciate your help. It's got the 351W and what appears to be a holly 4160. Are ALL the rebuild kits universal?   ...apparently my phone does not work as Holly and several other suppliers don't answer.
thanx for the help!
Don
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2013 at 3:48pm
Call SkiDim. Or just buy item #421 from their website here. Note you'll probably need to buy the new bolts from them. I also got a new secondary diaphragm too.

Also check out this thread for the two 4160 rebuild threads.

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2013 at 8:43pm
Check out Daytona Carb kits.   They have a improved needle & seat design.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Dan in CT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan in CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 9:15pm
You need to get the list number. Check Holley's website, real useful. Number should be on the choke horn...the raised part above the primaries. If you have the original choke heater, I recommend replacing.

Not to start a power valve discussion but my kit came with two. I installed the 6.5. And my boat is running fantastic.
boardersdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boardersdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2013 at 4:03am
I envy you guys. No way on Earth I could ever rebuild a carb with my big fingers and those little springs and stuff. When my Mercruiser carb needed rebuilding, I took it to a carb shop about 15 miles away. But those carb shops are all disappearing. Which brings me to my question...

When it's time for my SN2001 Holley carb to be rebuilt, is there anywhere you guys would suggest sending it? I'm not far from Milwaukee. (Maybe I'll send it to Uncle Donny over there in Minnesoooota, eh). :)
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2013 at 11:38am
Haha, There is a local shop here in Indy that does a bang up job on any carb. They did the Carter afb's on my uncles 67 Hemi car and it ran like it just came off the showroom floor.

Holleys have a lot less small parts than you might think. For what they do they are actually very simple. Give it a shot you might surprise yourself. It's a pretty cool feeling to know that your boat runs like it did when it was new because you did it.
Uncle Donny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Donny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2013 at 8:27pm
Thanx for the vote of confidence!
carb rebuilt, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, already had Ei installed, thermostat, fresh Oil and filter.
hooking up the water tonight, try to refire, check timing, and lake test!
its been over a decade since my last boat, I've been off the water now 5 days since purchasing my latest and it's killing me!
D.
ps the Holly rebuild is not a big deal.
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2013 at 9:03pm
Well, welcome to the club Don. Post some pics of your boat when you get a chance. I hope you get it running for the weekend.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic