Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine replacement advice

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jacmurr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacmurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine replacement advice
    Posted: August-05-2013 at 2:50am
The engine is shot in my 1976 CC 210 Cuddy. It's not running on all cylinders and the oil is like milk. Soooo I'm looking for advice on replacing the engine. It's got a 351 Windsor "Frankenstein" in it now. I call it a "Frankenstein" because it has Commander exhaust manifolds, a PCM RAW pump system and I have yet to figure out the charging and electrical system. It all seemed to work, except for the milky oil and now it only seems to run on 5 or 6 cylinders. So my guess is, it's done and I have to replace the engine. What I'm wondering is, is there a diesel alternative, or do I have to just stay with the 351W?   
Jack's Off
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 4:10am
Check out fishtheclassics.net it's for Shamrocks,kind of similer boats,some have replaced their Ford 302&351's with diesels.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 9:26am
Before buying a whole new engine, I would pull the heads & try to determine where the water is coming from.

You may just need new heads.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 10:24am
Before you pull *anything* apart, do a compression test, and if bad, do a leakdown test.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic