NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wake Skate

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wake Skate
    Posted: May-04-2014 at 11:52pm
Does anyone know of or have plans for a wake skate? My dad told me we could make one instead of buying one and it would be cheaper. I think i remembered reading about someone on this site that made one but forgot who made it and what the topic was.
1972 Mustang
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2014 at 7:55am
There are always good deals on CL. I bought a like New Gator skate last year for $60. I could not buy the hardwood and epoxy to make one for that.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2014 at 8:31am
Originally posted by baitkiller baitkiller wrote:

There are always good deals on CL. I bought a like New Gator skate last year for $60. I could not buy the hardwood and epoxy to make one for that.

Agreed. I don't think you can build one for cheaper than you can buy a used one. Especially if you factor the value of your time.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2014 at 12:13pm
Check in with Pete Brainard I believe he did make one in his wood shop and posted pictures somewhere here.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2014 at 1:01pm
check out www.ski-it-again.com also
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2014 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Check in with Pete Brainard I believe he did make one in his wood shop and posted pictures somewhere here.

Kevin is correct that I made one for my son. Here's the thread with a couple pictures.
He still uses it and loves it.

The top clamping fixture was made to be flexible so different thickness's of lamination's can be used. The one we did make was a 5 layer of Oak 1/8" ply. I always wanted to try a 3 ply with a couple layers of carbon fiber.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2014 at 11:02pm
No doubt you can buy one cheaper than to build one. That's always my lesson learned. But building one with dad is worth alot.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2014 at 12:31am
If it's too light, it's hard to clear the wakes, the slightest breeze will take it away from you.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic