NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot handles

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot handles
    Posted: July-15-2014 at 4:05pm
What do you guys use/like? This week at the lake my casad (name tells you the age) front toe handle broke during a deepwater start.. I assume it was due to wear from use on the boom over the years etc as it broke near the end of the loop.

I was looking at Masterline, KSO and BI handles.. who uses what? and who has best prices?
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 4:20pm
I currently use old Scarpa handles that are Masterline. They're definitely getting ready to be replaced but they've had a LOT of use. They're the tractor grip and I have to duct tape them up to keep from having the tractor grip peel. I won't be buying the tractor grips again.

New KSO handles are made by Masterline with the rounded corners and are awesome. That will definitely be my next handle.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 4:36pm
Or if you really dont want to spend the money and your old casad is otherwise fine, you can send it to lake elmo for a rebuild. I sent my old BI up there a couple years ago. All new except handle and toe strap for $25.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 4:44pm
Eddie, you have EVA grips, there are several patterns (including the original tractor pattern). Every "tractor" grip I've seen was made of rubber, and tore the *************** out of my hands.

For barefoot I much prefer the common "tacky" grip.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 5:18pm
I have both BI and a US Gear (not sure they are still around)that has the rounded corners. I prefer the US Gear with rounded ends, it is all about preference, but the important thing is what is keeping it tight and you on top of the water
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 5:18pm
"Or if you really dont want to spend the money and your old casad is otherwise fine, you can send it to lake elmo for a rebuild. I sent my old BI up there a couple years ago. All new except handle and toe strap for $25"

Hummmm you don't say
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Eddie, you have EVA grips, there are several patterns (including the original tractor pattern). Every "tractor" grip I've seen was made of rubber, and tore the *************** out of my hands.

For barefoot I much prefer the common "tacky" grip.

You are correct sir. Brain farts are common as you get older. I'm thinking of the tractor grips on wake handles.

I still won't get the EVA grips again. They feel great until they start coming apart. The new KSO handles that I used at WBC were awfully nice.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2014 at 9:47pm
i have a masterline that I love, not rounded, but nice and wide, and as much time as I spend riding on my butt instead of my feet I have to think that's a good thing.

the only complaint I ever had about it was from a young lady a few weeks ago doing deep waters, she thought the padded lines from the corners of the handle made the rope too rigid and long for her to get her short legs past...but that was the first negative thing I ever heard
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2014 at 10:12am
Andy barefooting on that lake!!!!   You must have been on the water at O'Dark-Thirty in the morning to get good water before the hoards of tubers attack.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2014 at 11:26am
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2014 at 11:41am
Now that's funny!!!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2014 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

the only complaint I ever had about it was from a young lady a few weeks ago doing deep waters, she thought the padded lines from the corners of the handle made the rope too rigid and long for her to get her short legs past...but that was the first negative thing I ever heard

Just needs to spread her legs more. A common fix to a myriad of problems.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2014 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

I have both BI and a US Gear (not sure they are still around)that has the rounded corners. I prefer the US Gear with rounded ends, it is all about preference, but the important thing is what is keeping it tight and you on top of the water

US gear is still around Greg!
look what I recieved yesterday!

Bought it custom to match my boat and suit! just for the looks! lol will probably use is this WE.
I also have a BI, which I bought 3 years ago, still in like new condition. Excellent handle!
And for the ll rope I have a Front toe hold barefoot company handle...(looking for a cheap handle, this one fit my needs) The toe strap is little twisted though...
And my BI back toe hold is still unused...ever since I returned from my florida trip, I only went skiing twice...been grounded dur to my herniated disc...

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2014 at 1:05pm
Price wise
The BI is in the 90-100 range
The Barefoot company was $89

and the us gear cost me 199! ouch!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2014 at 1:43pm
BI will outlast the Barefoot Company (Lake Elmo) by a long shot.

Greg Weyers builds nice stuff at great prices. WeyersCustomHandles
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2014 at 2:19pm
Greg Weyers do look nice! Was leaning toward BI.. all around Mike's stuff has always been quality.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

and the us gear cost me 199! ouch!

Well you made them put your name on it! What did you expect?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2014 at 2:32pm
custom name was free! jaja
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic