Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Gauge Moving Wrong Way

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
StevoDevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevoDevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Gauge Moving Wrong Way
    Posted: August-03-2014 at 9:18pm
Hi Guys,

Weird issue - just replaced the TFI in my GT-40 and had to pull out a few cables to get the heatsink out with the TFI.

Replaced everything today along with the new TFI and when I go to start the boat, the fuel gauge starts at about 1/4 full (should be 3/4 full) and then goes down to way below empty once I turn the ignition on.

So it seems like the gauge is upside down! The boat starts just fine but I'm hesitant to take it out until I've worked out what I've got switched around!

Any ideas?!

Thanks a bunch!

Steve
CrazyCanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2014 at 7:10pm
Dirty power getting to ground somewhere? On my 78 the gauge reads nothing with the key off and reads fuel level with key on. Since it works on power at gauge that gets its ground from the sending unit, then maybe you have power introduced somewhere. If it gets fully grounded then it would peg to full.....
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtW3vJrMHLdqBzndt9VX3oOpBuRopGlzKq9Ea7pAO7wnTuoD8E8g
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic