NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

6 years later....

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 years later....
    Posted: September-15-2014 at 7:56pm
My wife has been a real trooper with the kids wakeboarding addiction. She packs lunches and spends every weekend on the boat without complaint. For 6 years she has halfheartedly been attempting to ride herself. I'm talking maybe a 3 or 4 pulls a summer, oh well back in the boat and shes fine.
So yesterday it was just us, no kids. The storms had blown through and we had the entire pass to our onesies with deep high tide butter. She asked me for a pull and popped right up! Rode the whole pass, then did it again... and again!
We are all very proud of of her and I think her smile gives away her personal emotion.

Go Kathy! Woot Woot!
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 8:05pm
That's awesome. My wife wants to learn as well, but doesn't want to do it in front of a packed boat. She's only tried twice (her third time will be next week). I really hope she gets up this year as I know she'll love it once she learns.

I see your wife rides goofy foot.........like me.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 8:32pm
That's great to hear.... getting everyone addicted makes the days more fun!

Congrats Mrs. Killer!      
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 10:12pm
Not bad for (49) Never too old right?
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 10:23pm
Naw - its GREAT! Not about age (well, maybe a little, as we don't move like we used to!)

Just be careful posting pics of wifie on this site.... it's a long, cold winter in the North and Midwest!   LOL
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2014 at 10:40pm
ummhmmm, You mean 39.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 12:07am
Nice work. Winter has hit the Midwest. 52 degrees whilst skiing tonight. Water feels like a warm tub when one finally lets go of the rope!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 12:21am
Whoo Hooo!!! That is aweseome! And didn't even get her hair wet, YES!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 12:43am
Dry hair, she must be doing something right!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Just be careful posting pics of wifie on this site.... it's a long, cold winter in the North and Midwest!   LOL

LOL....

very brave guy tho..can only imagine what might happen if I posted Ms. Jbear's age.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

ummhmmm, You mean 39.

Whoops,, yeah your right ..... 39...what the heck was I thinking?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 8:27am
Dry hair is no big surprise. She can eat ribs without licking her fingers. Amazing really.. I cant figure it out.????
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 10:25am
She looks very happy! That means she is doing it right.
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 11:09am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Ms. Jbear's wife

Can you please explain this
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2014 at 11:59am
Nice! Look at Momma bear carve it up! Come on JPASS, she isn't goofy foot... just the way that trick was landed..

I guess you are right about kickin a little credit towards the wives for putting up with this obsession. From packing everything, to keeping kids sunscreened and in order, to backing trailers, to dealing with precise driving instructions, to cannonballs off the gunnel while she tries to sneak a read, to baseball game over radio, to friends showing up for pulls, to scrubbing the boat, to putting on the slalom ski to build confidence in the little ones even though the water is cold, to skiing in the rain, to making sure there is a TOWEL in the boat, to making sure the gas card bill was paid...

WOW... she could have took half and bolted a long time ago!!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2014 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Ms. Jbear's wife

Can you please explain this

edited tonight HW....sometimes my brain gets ahead of these fingers..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic