Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

oil cap gasket?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dfaust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfaust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oil cap gasket?
    Posted: February-08-2015 at 10:07pm
Hello, I have a 1981 PCM 351W that has a worn out gasket between the oil fill cap and the valve cover. I have not been able to identify a source for this gasket nor have I been able to find a part number. Is this gasket intended to be there? I suppose I could make one, I was just hoping to find one already made up.

Thanks
Doug Faust
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2015 at 10:16pm
Gasket cutter:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2015 at 5:41pm
They don't tend to seal all that well anyway, but if it's gone you can cut a new one to fit. Nothing much should come out of it, are you seeing much of anything blowing out of the fill pipe?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
dfaust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfaust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2015 at 9:50pm
Thanks for the responses. I recently had the valve covers off for cleaning/painting and new gaskets. I did not specifically notice any evidence of oil leaking around the filler cap, however the gasket was still mostly complete. I'll just make a new one.

Thanks
Doug Faust
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2015 at 9:53am
Also, you can bend the spring material back up a little bit to make the cap have a tighter clamp to the valve cover when it's tight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic