Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1990’s PCM Ford 351 Engine FOR SALE!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
2trickpony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2trickpony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1990’s PCM Ford 351 Engine FOR SALE!
    Posted: May-07-2004 at 5:43pm
For Sale: 1990's PCM Ford 351 base engine, long block, low hours, one bent rod from owner fogging engine. Fix the rod, have a great motor! $350 Call (330)274-3600 (Ron) or reply.

Thanks.
Buckwheat
buckwheat
79 Mustang View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2004 at 5:30pm
How did fogging the engine bend a rod?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2004 at 7:52pm
Well you see you use a whole can per cylinder and the sheer weight of the oil is just to much for the rod to handle, their not very strong ya know so they just bend like putty.

Really you should come up with something better than fogging oil.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2trickpony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2004 at 7:39pm
FYI "bc on wawasee"; Since you can't compress a liquid, if you spray, pour or otherwise get too much liquid on top of a piston, when the piston tries to compress what normally is air and a small vapor of gas (but due to negligence) is now a lot of oil, you most certainly can do internal engine damage! i.e. Bent Rod! (It's called hydrostatic lock). Don't believe it? Call customer service at PleasureCraft Marine or Indmar and ask or you could pour lots of oil down your carb with your motor running and see what happens!
Carb. inboards with 1x1 transmissions are more likely to have this problem so be careful.
buckwheat
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2004 at 8:06pm
Fisrt I was being very starcastic,

Secondly you can pour a quart of oil through the carb while it's running and not hydrostaticly lock the motor. It's called top end cleaner or a lot of people use tranny fluid, I've done it, my dad who is a ASE master tech has done it, I know of a dozen other ASE mechanics who have done it and not one has hydrostaticly locked the motor during or afterwards.

Thirdly if the dumb a-- used that much fogging oil to hydrostaicly lock the motor then there sure as hell is more damage then one bent rod, richard head, and there is no way that the engine could have been properly maintained with such a professional turning the wrenches.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2trickpony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2004 at 6:18pm
1) Yes, you can pour a 55 gallon drum of oil in your carb. Just depends how fast it's poured.

2) It is possible to have one bent rod. I have witnessed this in the past.

3) This motor has had very good care. Just so happens that a "know it all" friend of the owner made the unfortunate mistake last year.

4) I am just trying to benefit any poor boat owner that thinks more is better and damage their boat.

5) Not everyone is a mechanical genius and mistakes are often made. Calling people names, such as you did, doesn't help anyone and certainly doen't reflect well on you.

Have a great day.
buckwheat
lanierdog View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lanierdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2004 at 2:25am
ineed a pcm 351 spark arrestor.doyou have and how much?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2005 at 11:32pm
do you have the electronic ignition? or the coil packs?
480.213.9618. Chad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic