Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St. John's River Cruise . . .

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
GMacLaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMacLaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: St. John's River Cruise . . .
    Posted: March-29-2015 at 10:25pm
Review:
The ’72 Correct Craft had a cracked block. A new engine replaces it, but had not been installed in January, so I purchased another Correct Craft — a ’77 with which we cruised. Last I looked, the hour meter read 14 for the 4 days. I’ll guess we covered about 200 miles. More about the cruise can be found at grantmaclaren.com. Click on the 2nd button. It — the ’77 — is still for sale. CHEAP -- LOOK FOR IT!

A prospective ’77 buyer had mailed me a down payment and said he would pick it up the at the finish port. He showed up; all 400 pounds of him. At first sighting, I was sure he would not take the boat. He mumbled something about a gauge not working and a tear in the passenger seat. With his deposit in my pocket, we've towed the boat home. (Two back-up “buyers” also backed out. Maybe they -- CCFans -- never were serious. Talk is cheap.)

There were 27 boats starting the cruise. Ours being one of only two "plastics.” Five had failures of one sort or another. One sank, and was retrieved the following day. Its owner told me the only thing lost was the windshield; its motor was salvaged and was to have been in running condition by today. Only two boats did not finish the cruise. One an outboard, one a V-12.

Following the cruise, I attended the Tavares Show and got a ride to the Friday picnic and back in a BEAUTIFUL Greavette, built by Linda and Rich Hughes from Hampton, ON.

Day one:
Interesting Florida weather prompted one on our boat to declare this would be her final river cruise. I think that’s what she said.
The wind, pelting rain and bilge pump noise made hearing difficult.

The plastic boat is this side of the boat that sank:

The plastic boat is this side of a very nice Resorter:

Some wet wood at Palatka:

I can't wait 'til next year! Keep in mind -- this boat (the'77 CC) cruised 200 miles with NO PROBLEMS and is for sale CHEAP.

grantmaclaren.com

-=Grant MacLaren=-
Retired Expert
http://www.grantmaclaren.com/72skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic