NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Down on power after engine rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:35am
The 79 in me says throw that piece of *************** distributor in the garbage and start fresh.
Waternut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waternut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The 79 in me says throw that piece of *************** distributor in the garbage and start fresh.

The entire distributor or the ignition?

I'm not opposed to getting a new ignition but in fairness to all the Pertronix bashers, this one has been working for over 4 years which is about 3 years 11 months longer than most of the bad reviews I've seen on them.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 11:57am
The whole thing, except the cam gear.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 12:05pm
Points still last longer, ha. Take a gamble on another EI kit but I'd toss the whole thing too. Going back to points may not be possible if you dont have the original baseplate.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Waternut Waternut wrote:

but in fairness to all the Pertronix bashers, this one has been working for over 4 years which is about 3 years 11 months longer than most of the bad reviews I've seen on them.

What fairness?? I've got a point set that's been around 61 years an another 51 years. Yes, there have been some point set changes but WAY over the 4 years you have gotten out of that junk Pertronics!!!! Good thing you weren't in the middle of the lake when that damn thing went.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 2:30am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Toss that ignitior junk. It's been beat like a dead horse. You can A) buy a pcm electronic ignition or B) Put a DUI in it.

+1 on the D.U.I. unit. Love the DUI/HEI distributor in my 351.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic