Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCM 40a Transmission Oil Pump Gears

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jbaisden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbaisden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCM 40a Transmission Oil Pump Gears
    Posted: June-10-2015 at 11:19pm
Thanks guys, Mountain Man had what I needed. Fl Inboards: Out of curiosity what kind of price does a 80a transmission go for?
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2015 at 4:53pm
PM Art Cozier, he may have what you are looking for.
If you decide you want a new Series 80 Let me know I will get you the best price on line available..
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
jbaisden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbaisden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2015 at 10:08pm
I feel the same way as you Mountain Man. If I can just put a bandaid on this tranny so I can enjoy the summer some. I think I'm gonna start searching for a v-drive transmission for the winter project. I sent you a text with pics. Thanks.
Mountain Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2015 at 3:00pm
I have used PCM 40A 1.23: 1 that I saved for parts. Came to the conclusion after much research that I would prefer to put my money towards a new PCM 80A. If you would like to send me a photograph of the oil pump parts you need (you can send me a pm or text it to: 828-577-2553 whichever is easiest for you) and then I'll see what I can do to help you with the part.

A few things I learned while doing my research. This PCM transmission (or at least parts of it) were outsourced to ZF for manufacturing, so they may be a parts source as well. Also, PCM has a technician they recommend for repair / rebuild: Reggie Yarbrough (864) 909-2852. He may also have some parts.

Good Luck!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2015 at 1:17pm
I'd give Fantastic Finish Marine a call however, you may be stuck with new since the gear problem sounds common.

I'm surprised you are attempting to source automotive parts. I have a feeling the PCM parts are OEM specific! When Eric owned FFM and was on site, he was always complaining about having to get PCM trans parts.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbaisden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbaisden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2015 at 11:20am
1991 Sport Nautique
The idler gear on my oil pump on my 40a transmission shattered into 4 pieces subsequently causing my clutch packs to burn up and warp. I tried to buy a used one on e-bay only to see that it was cracked when it arrived. Does anybody know of a source for the gears? The only ones that I've ran across online are $270-300 or more. That's crazy money for gears considering automatic transmission oil pump gears are $30-50. from a trans. supply house. There's got to be another transmission or transfer case that has a similar pump gears. Most of the transfer case pics I've found the gears look very similar but with a measurement I can't cross reference it. I was hoping maybe somebody here has already figured this out or has a serviceable idler gear laying around that I could buy off you.

With already having to replace clutch pack, seal kit, possible damper the $300 gear set is going to put me real close to just scrapping this trans. and looking to get something that i can find parts for. If I decide to get a different trans. what should I go with to replace the 1.23:1 that I have? I've always kind of wanted to covert it to a v-drive and I've seen some decent deals on some used one on e-bay. Does it matter what kind or type? I don't mind a little fab work but I already lost the last two summers due to a total stringer, floor replacement. So I would like to get back on the water as soon as I can get the funds up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic