Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacing Clarion M5475 in 99 Pro Air

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
willicl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willicl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacing Clarion M5475 in 99 Pro Air
    Posted: August-09-2015 at 8:34pm
I am looking to replace the Clarion M5475 stock radio in my 1999 Pro Air. I really don't want to rewire everything. Any suggestions on a compatible model that uses the existing wiring? Anything to make this job a little easier and allow me update this ancient CD/FM/AM radio.

Thanks in advance for the help.   
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2015 at 9:45pm
Most Aftermarket radios use the same wiring colors with a few exceptions. If you can match wiring colors you should be ok. Only thing to worry about would be satellite mounted volume knob or external controls. This could create other issues.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2015 at 10:50pm
Chris,
I'd say there's a very good chance that whatever you purchase will come with instructions as well as a wiring diagram!

Welcome to CCfan. How about some pictures? A diary entry would be great too.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2015 at 11:08pm
Welcome to the site, and yes, add some pics.

Add another to the Pro Air Army! Me, Seascamper, and Trey were getting lonely.

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2015 at 12:40am
Just bought a clarion M205 from amazon for $100. Doesn't have a CD player, but an auxillary port for iphone and is bluetooth capable. You will need to rewire, but a lot of the wires match up. Send me a PM if you have any questions.
willicl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willicl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2015 at 3:42pm
Thanks for all the information. Looks like rewiring is going to be needed. Of course I have had no success in finding the wiring diagram for the Clarion M5475.

Diary entry coming soon.

Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2015 at 5:03pm
Wooohoo for another Pro Air. Nice lookin boat.

You might get lucky and a modern Clarion uses the same plug into the back of the head unit but I wouldn't hold my breath.

sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2015 at 9:30pm
Great boat. Would love to take a ride behind a Pro Air one day. Here's a snapshot of the old wiring harness in your M5475. The colors match exactly to the wiring diagram for Clarion M205 I installed. One of the reasons I ordered the M205 was the plugs looked similar in online pictures, but the new one has much smaller pins and is not plug and play as I hoped.

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2015 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by sport1999 sport1999 wrote:

Great boat. Would love to take a ride behind a Pro Air one day
PM seacamper around January and ask for a ticket to wrecking crew 3. initiation is tough but worth it. hardly anybody hit the dock this year.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
willicl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willicl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2015 at 9:58pm
Awesome. This is a big help. I'll let you know how it goes.
willicl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willicl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2015 at 4:44pm
Installed a Clarion M505. A little rewiring but no problem
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2015 at 8:05pm

Another satisfied customer!
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic