Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 or not?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dewispew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewispew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT40 or not?
    Posted: August-20-2015 at 6:56pm
Hi, I am new to the forum.

I am considering buying a 1995 Ski Nautique.
The owner claims the engine is a PCM Pro Boss GT40 5.7L V8.
This doesn't make sense to me as I read here that GT40's are 5.8L engines.

Could anybody tell from this picture what engine this could be:

The engine has been modified to run on LPGas.

Thanks for your help,

Wim
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 7:26pm
No. But I'm anxious to watch Spa this weekend! Go Kimi go.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 8:33pm
Hopefully since he's got a new contract he has less to worry about so all he has to think about is driving.

Very hard to tell from the picture but it is a Ford,distributor in front,oil filter down on the front. A Chevy is a 5.7,Ford would be a 5.8,most likely just confused.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 8:45pm
There is a Belgian that is often on this site, goes by "Kristof". Seems quite knowledgeable, you might try to private message him (see menu above), I'd bet he'd go inspect it with you, as it is such a small country he's probably fairly near to you, and another set of eyes from a current correct craft owner could be quite helpful.

Or just post a new thread titled "need help in Belgium" and he'd probably reply.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 11:17pm

Not sure about that Gary I can't see the distributor should be right behind the hose where that little silver canister is and it looks like the wires are coming in from below and behind the manifold.
I bet it's a protec
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 11:56pm
I would say it is a 5.8 H.O. Protec. Not a GT40.

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Hopefully since he's got a new contract he has less to worry about so all he has to think about is driving.

I agree. Made my day when I read that this morning.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2015 at 12:25am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Not sure about that Gary I can't see the distributor should be right behind the hose where that little silver canister is and it looks like the wires are coming in from below and behind the manifold.
I bet it's a protec

Looking closer I agree Paul,I was thinking that silver canister might be the bottom of the distributor
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
dewispew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewispew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2015 at 6:30am
OK, thanks guys!
I'll try to get in touch with "Kristof" here locally.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic