NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1986 Ski backfiring

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2015 at 6:51am
Bill,
Some of our members have had success with rebuilding themselves and others haven't. There are some idiosyncrasies of a rebuild that are not in the manual like pump tolerances. Here's a comment from the FAQ thread.

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Personally, I'd ship the trans up to Fantastic Finish Marine. They aren't as simple as just throwing a clutch pack and seal kit in for a rebuild.

One of our top members here Eric used to own FFM. He's gone onto other things and has sold FFM to his right hand man Vince. Eric taught Vince everything he knows about marine trans's. Eric has rebuilt/fixed them when other "pros" have failed. I remember one thread where the "pro" tried twice!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
WHROSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WHROSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2015 at 10:16pm
thanks Peter.....I spoke to Vince today. He was very patient and explained the process. i'm impressed. I'm checking with local boat mechanics to see if anyone is willing to remove and install the tranny. If not, I may be hauling it to Medina OH. thanks again!
whross
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic