Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

77 ski tique no power in the water

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mtw9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtw9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 77 ski tique no power in the water
    Posted: September-13-2015 at 2:47pm
So this is a new boat that I have been going through to see what I have to work with. I took it to the lake to see if it leaked and to see how the motor did in the water. It didnt leak much at all so that was good news but when I put it in gear it bogged down. In neutral I can throttle it up no problem and it sounds good. But in gear I can only get 10 MPH out of her. Any one know where I should start to look for the cause?
If you only knew.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 10:10pm
Michael,
Explain what you mean about "bogging down". Are the rpm's increasing as if the trans is slipping or just no rpm's out of the engine?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 10:18pm
You might want to rule out a cable issue. Have someone run the throttle control while you watch the carb linkage.    Engine doesn't need to be running.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 1:40am
Timing man check your timing
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Kc 85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kc 85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 2:18pm
I would check out the Anti-Syphon Valve on the top of your gas tank. It can get clogged up over time. I had a prob like that in my 79sn. It would do exactly what yours is doing. Would fire up and could rev up in neutral but wouldn't go past 15 without bogging down and dying in the water. Hope it helps have fun.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic