Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

86 Ski Centurion Tachometer.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
86SKI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86SKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 86 Ski Centurion Tachometer.
    Posted: April-18-2016 at 4:48pm
Hello all,

I have inherited my parents 1986 Ski Centurion Tru-Trac II with a PCM 351. The tachometer hasn't worked in a few years and I'm trying to find out why. The needle hasn't moved off of 1500rpm regardless of situation (idle, off, WOT). I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can diagnose this and where to find an engine speed sensor if I end up needing one.

Thanks in advance everyone.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2016 at 5:00pm
I think I would start by disconnecting the wires at the back of the tachometer. If it still reads 1500 you probably need a new one or it may be possible to rebuild yours.
86SKI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86SKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 4:32pm
Thank's for the advice. I will try this as soon as I can. Do you know where I would be able to find a replacement that is either OEM or similar? I can't find anyone that makes anything similar.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 5:07pm
Kind of tough to recommend where to get one when I and maybe others here don't even know what a tach in a 86 Ski Centurion looks like. How about a picture?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 5:14pm
eBay
86SKI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86SKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 5:26pm
I can post pictures later today. I also appreciate the wealth of information on these forums. Thanks for the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic