Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Advice on changing filter

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1998Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Advice on changing filter
    Posted: June-21-2006 at 9:42am
I purchased my fuel water seperator filter, and was wondering if there is any tricks to changing it, my filter is located in the FCC canister. There is alos about a 1/4 tank of the old gas left, should I run it down to empty before I change the filter, or just top it off with fresh gas and change it then? I will also add injector cleaner.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2006 at 12:33pm
Just go ahead and change it out at any time. I have heard that the cannisters are a bear to remove from the housing. Most have to remove the entire FCC and put it in a vice and use brute strength with large tools.
1998Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2006 at 12:57pm
Do I have to fill the canister with gas when I put it back in?
heycrummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heycrummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2006 at 9:39pm
You do not have to fill the canister with gas.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic