Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red warning light after protec was removed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Kyro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red warning light after protec was removed
    Posted: August-07-2016 at 10:14pm
Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to get the red warning light to go off and function after removing the protec ignition.

I removed my TBI and Protec and the boat hasn't run this good since I bought it!

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2016 at 10:35pm
Joe,
I'd have to say that disconnecting the light would be an option? Without the pro tech, there's nothing to operate it anymore. Where's it wired to now?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2016 at 11:50pm
I just did this swap, the red light is for oil pressure, and is driven through the oil pressure gauge (not to be confused with the o/p switch.   It appears that your oil pressure sender is not working? Or you disconnected something that you shouldn't have.   My red warning light works as it should after the swap.
Kyro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 12:01am
Hmm

The oil pressure gauge works great, I wonder what could have gotten dissconnected. I'm assuming thats the case because the light was working before the swap.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Page 55
http://correctcraftfan.com/Downloads/1993_PCM_Engine_Manual.pdf

take a look at this wiring diagram, wire 30 is the input for the Protec module for engine temp and oil pressure.   wire 32 goes to the dash for the red light you are referring to and to the gauge for indication.   I am not sure of the wiring for that light, but I suspect the issue is under the dash.   I recall that the light is for oil pressure and something else as well (maybe engine temp?) check your temp sensor also, that's the flesh/brown colored wire that goes from then engine block temp sensor (right by the distributor) to the motor harness plug.   Does your temp gauge work correctly?   
Kyro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 10:58pm
I went back and snugged up the engine temp sensor and that seemed to do it! The gauge was working just fine so I didn't think that would do it but it did. Easy fix. Thanks for the help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic