Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Pgfox88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pgfox88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine rebuild
    Posted: August-14-2016 at 10:14am
Hi guys im rebuilding my engine on my ski nauqitue 2001 "89. Every set of gaskets i look at have the negative valve stem seals where my engine has the positive seals with the metal clasp around them. Is it a case of simply buying the seals separately or is there sets with these seals available.
Appreciate any help
Peter
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2016 at 4:59pm
I see you are in Ireland, pretty country.   You can buy the seals alone from Fel-Pro and choose which seals you want.
I think the Fel-Pro gasket sets would include positive Valve stem seals.
You can look at your parts at FMECAT.com   find your part number and click on the part number, it will show a picture of the gasket kit or part you look up in 90% of the part numbers.
Pgfox88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pgfox88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 4:29pm
Yea thanks it is, if we could just put a roof on it. Not having much luck on FMECAT.com can't find the Windsor 351 on the website most gasket sets look like they would fit but its just the stem seals all sets have the umbrella type seal and I know mine are positive seals. I think there p/n 9725
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 8:10pm
I replaced the valve stem seals, got them from NAPA.

NAPA page
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic