Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

carburetor replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: carburetor replacement
    Posted: August-14-2016 at 11:44pm
I was thinking about replacing my carburetor on my 1978 ski tique, it has the 302 commander engine. I was thinking of replacing it with a M-600 Quick Fuel Marine Carburetor.   Any one else used on of these carburetors.
shadow
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 12:53am
Several here have used them on 351's. 351's use 600 cfm carbs, 302's I have seen use 450 cfm. Can't say if your heads,cam,and manifold wise are healthy enough to run a 600. Is the carb you have now causing problems or you just changing to change?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 1:28am
For what it's worth, I believe that the QuickFuel line is a great option for marine carbs. QF did a great job at starting with the basic Holley designs and then taking the carbs to the next level. I originally had a new Holley 4160 and then sold it and replaced it with a QF M-600. Couldn't be happier.

Try the link below for a CFM calculator to determine the carb size needed -- assuming that you will replace rather than re-build.

CFM Calculator Link

In my opinion, a little larger is generally better than a little too small when it comes to carb CFMs. If the carb's CFM capacity is greater than what the engine can utilize, the actual CFM throughput will max out at whatever the engine can take.

QuickFuel currently produces marine carbs in the following CFM sizes: 350, 500, 600, 650, 750, 800, 850 and 1050. I'm sure that you can find one that fits your application properly.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 3:23pm
Thanks for all the information,   I went ahead and ordered the M 600 Quick fuel carburetor. I just like all the adjustability of the M 600.   After I install the new carb, I will post up and let you know how it worked out, thanks again.
shadow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic