Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stuck in gear and transmission fluid leak

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skiflyer45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiflyer45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuck in gear and transmission fluid leak
    Posted: September-10-2016 at 7:59pm
I need some advice on what the issue is before taking it in for repair...probably past my skill level.

I got stuck in some weeds causing the engine to stall. I cleared the weeds and the boat would not go into forward gear without giving it some gas... causing some jerking of course...reverse worked fine. After 15 minutes of driving I smelled transmission fluid. Sure enough, my bilge was filled with it (I'm guessing it tranny fluid). The boat was stuck in forward gear (no neutral) and I was able to make it home.

Worried this is going to be an expensive repair.

1997 Ski Nautique CB Gt-40, Orlando
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2016 at 8:04pm
Alex,
Your description doesn't sound good. Those must have been some pretty tough weeds!! Considering the large fluid leak, I feel it's best to pull the trans for a full inspection. It sounds like the trans got pretty hot.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skiflyer45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiflyer45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2016 at 8:16pm
Yea...I think on top of it my strainer was full and was starting to overheat so it was the perfect storm of dispair! Not sure where to even start.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2016 at 9:07pm
Alex,
I'd sure start by calling Jody beyond that, I seem to recall a couple members have had trans work done in Florida and they may respond.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic