Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stupid Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
davidirwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidirwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stupid Question
    Posted: May-24-2004 at 9:43pm
Is the V-Drive the transmission? Also, does anyone what model Humminbird depthfinder comes standard with a 1999 Super Sport Nautique.

Thanks!!
goligmj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goligmj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2004 at 10:03pm
davidirwin,

A V-Drive boat means that they have moved the engine to the rear of the boat and the drive shaft goes out toward the front of the boat then "V"s toward the rear just like a conventional inboard.. Hope that helps... Wakeboarder's love the weight at the rear of the boat...

davidirwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidirwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2004 at 10:32pm
so simple, thanks. So my next quesiton, where is the transmission dipstick for a 1999 Supersport.
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2004 at 1:42am
I was told the only stupid question is: the one you don't ask!
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2004 at 3:45am
It should be on the front of the engine about 6" up and on the right as you look back at the engine from where the shaft attaches to go down to the V drive. or about 10" in front of the bell housing
Ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2004 at 7:13pm
Look under the center rear seat cushion, under the pop-up cover. I think that's where it is on my 98 SSN.

Ryan
Get me in the water!
nms1991 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nms1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2004 at 9:08pm
acctually there is two dipsticks for the "transmission" one for the trans and one for the v drive. the one for the trans is on the starboard side near the trans mount and it has a loop handle, the v drive dipstick is accessable from under the center part of the rear seat it looks like a drawer pull in the top of the v drive off to the port rear side.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic