Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust Hose Carpet?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust Hose Carpet?
    Posted: May-25-2004 at 12:40pm
I guess it was my previous owner who wrapped carpet around the exhaust hose and secured it with wire ties. Does anone know why this was done? Is it necessary?
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2004 at 12:54pm
The previous owners was an idiot. If it was mine I would remove it.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2004 at 1:11pm
vibration from the engine.when i removed the original fiberglass floor from mine,CC used scraps of vynal around the exaust hoses.
kenny g
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2004 at 1:19pm
I can understand under the floor, but my P.O. put it all the way up from the hull to the risers. It looks like crap.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
862001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 862001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2004 at 1:26pm
I have an 86 2001 that has carpet over the exhaust from the risers to the mufflers. It came that way from the factory.
John,Fremont,NH
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2004 at 2:59pm
would it be to help soften the noise level inside the ride ?
kenny g
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2004 at 12:44am
Mine had carpet from where the hose laid in the hull, to where it came up throught the floor. Of course it looked like S#%!, but it was functional, Do you know what 14' of 3" Trident wet exhaust hose costs, I do! 38 years of use, and vibration cost me, $212.00 bucks. Wrap it for vibration, and make the bends as slight as possible, you won't regret it, believe me. Plus it's a great way to get rid of carpet scrap, Ralph was a smart feller!
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2004 at 4:49pm
The wife's '78 had (and still has) carpet wrapped around the exhaust hoses from the manifold to the silencers at the factory. Actually used the same stuff as the put on the floor.

According to Midwest CC it was done to reduce vibration and chafing.
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic