Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

High RPM Problems

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bcjones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High RPM Problems
    Posted: May-28-2004 at 6:35pm
I've been having problems with my '79 351W R at RPM range above 3200. The engine was just rebuilt and has the following new parts; Pertonix ignition, coil, distributor, carb, fuel pump, spark plugs and wires. It runs great at an idle and has terrific hole shot but will cut out at higher RPM. I thought it was a carburator problem so I replaced it with my old one and the same problem occured. Any advice?
79CC
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2004 at 11:57pm
I don't mean to be cruel, but, lately I've been seeing a lot of posts about ford r.p.m. problems. I feel like I'm preaching when I say, check ignition valve timing, and cam lift. Springs can be weak, and cause problems, a lobe on the cam can wear through the hardened portion of the lobe and not open a valve. Hydraulic valve train is not adjustable like solid lift is. Like it's been said before in this forum, all an engine needs is: the correct amount of gas, and a good spark. All in the right time, of course. Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic