NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT-40 MY 2001 SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ajskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT-40 MY 2001 SN
    Posted: June-26-2018 at 3:14pm
Good afternoon All,

I am hoping that you could provide me with a little help. I have been having an small on going issue with my boat since shortly after I bought it a couple years ago. I mainly notice the issue after the boat has run for a bit but I have noticed it when it is cold.

The boat will idle a bit rough and rpm's will bounce around a little bit. If you don't know the boat as well as me, it will stall when you slide it into gear. I can keep it from stalling when I am driving. If it stalls, it will fire right back up. I do not notice any performance issues when up at skiing speed. Also if it is idling roughly and I am in the water getting ready to ski, I notice a bit of a rich smell to the exhaust..

Since I have owned the boat, I replaced the low pressure fuel pump 2 years ago. Then before the start of the season, I did a full tuneup that included plugs, wires, cap, rotor, oil change, thermostat and impeller.

I was researching and it seems that it could be a sensor or two, but couldn't find anyone with the exact symptoms that I am experiencing. I know a few of the sensors aren't expensive but wanted to try to get a little guidance before I order anything.

I appreciate everyone's help and advice in advance.

Thank you,
AJ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic