NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1956 Collegian restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2024 at 11:27am
That there is a might slight swim platform, AA...
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2024 at 8:36am
Looking good Alan, as always.. Keep those steps up Thumbs Up haha

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2024 at 9:51pm
So I have all the deck plywood installed and started laying out the pattern for the planking.  I ended up making a 20’ straight edge by laminating some 1/4” plywood strips together.  Used that to lay out the planking plan and will use it as a router guide for cutting the deck seams.

Also steam bent the piece that goes across the deck at the transom,  I think that’s the last time we’ll need the steamer on this on.

I ended up rebuilding the dash as the old one had been altered from the original gauge layout quite severely and repairing all the holes was going to be more work than fitting a piece new piece.

Here’s the fore deck layout,  the deck had been replaced by the previous owner and what they put back was not even close to the correct pattern.  From what few photos I could find 1956 had a one year only deck pattern and had a nice alternating staining between blonde and the red mahogany.  That will become more apparent as I gel the decking installed.

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2024 at 5:40am
Retirement looks to be really rough and hard on you Alan. Keeping busy is the secret to a long and healthy one. Fabulous work as always. She's gonna be a Purty Boat. Any thoughts on a name for her?
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2024 at 9:37am
Love watching your project coming along. Patience Patience Patience Come with age I think.... At least that is how it is with me.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 8:35am
Oh she gonna look purty allright!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
  Share Topic